Happy 30th Birthday: Moving Pictures

The Owl

On this day 30 years ago, my future Hubby and our room mate brought Moving Pictures home from the record store and eagerly put it on the turntable. About a minute in we were smiling broadly. By the time YYZ's final note rang out we were giddy. And then we flipped the record over (ah...remember vinyl) and were even more awed. When Vital Signs ended we just sat there looking at each other in amazement. Undoubtedly one of the best evenings of my life, musically speaking.

Then we saw them do it live several months later.... ohmy.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

Thirty years later. Still have the same Hubby. Still love Rush. Still love MP. 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 12 2011, 11:16 PM)
On this day 30 years ago, my future Hubby and our room mate brought Moving Pictures home from the record store and eagerly put it on the turntable. About a minute in we were smiling broadly. By the time YYZ's final note rang out we were giddy. And then we flipped the record over (ah...remember vinyl) and were even more awed. When Vital Signs ended we just sat there looking at each other in amazement. Undoubtedly one of the best evenings of my life, musically speaking.

Then we saw them do it live several months later.... ohmy.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

Thirty years later. Still have the same Hubby. Still love Rush. Still love MP. 1022.gif 2.gif

Nice!!! I love memories like that.

Missed the listening party in favour of a dance, but I did play "Limelight" while there. biggrin.gif It was pretty great. It was near the end, so everything was winding down, but everyone liked the guitar solo. Yeah~

Here's to thirty great years.. and thirty more!

Archived