Happy 30th Birthday: Moving Pictures

The Owl

I know Im jumping the gun a bit, but happy 30th birthday to what is the most popular Rush album.... Defiantly gonna be rocking this album on Saturday!

I might try to get a listening party together in chat Saturday night... key word is try... . But a toast to MOVING PICTURES!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 10 2011, 09:44 PM)
A great album. I think we take it for granted sometimes. Just because it is the most "popular" some of us are turned off by it. I used to be this way. But then I realized that every song on it is a gem. And now I love it.

With alot of bands, most of the time their "most popular" album is almost never their "Best" or even among their best.... Rush dosen't follow this rule....

Moving Pictures is among the best of Rush albums, not my personal best or my personal favorite..... but Rush has probably most of their fans to thank because of this album.... and for many here this was their first foray into Rush.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Feb 11 2011, 11:14 AM)
wow, has it been 30 years already? Man, I'm old.....

Same here!

Where did those freakin' years go!!??

Listened to this album way too much when I was getting into Rush and so now I can only listen to it once in a great while... |D

But today'll be one of those days! Wow, thirty years... Almost exactly twelve years older than me. (If the release had been 2/15, me being a Rush fan would've been fate or something. O-o)

Props to the album that made me a lifelong fan! Still sounds as fresh as the day I first heard it back in the summer of '82.

When I first heard Tom Sawyer and the drumming on it (as I was just taking up the traps), I got scared. First time I ever heard such monstrous playing!

Happy Anniversary MP! I was eight years old tongue.gif I remember seeing Rush and especially Geddy for the first time when Limelight was on MTV a few years later...I wish I hadn't waited so long to know enough to celebrate this anniversary, but I'm psyched it'll be the first of many times I will 2.gif

Archived