Jon Anderson & Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Mr. Not

QUOTE (wikipedia)
in 2006, Anderson appeared with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (East Coast Troupe) during two 16 December shows in Philadelphia P.A. to play "Roundabout".

Supposedly, this appearance was a complete surprise to the audience. My Uncle, who's a Yes fan, happened to be going to one of the two Trans Siberian Orchestra shows, and was blown away. I was wearing a Yes shirt (that I got for xmas, really have gotten into yes in the past few months) which is what cause him to bring it up. Just thought I'd share.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Dec 26 2010, 12:32 AM)
QUOTE (wikipedia)
in 2006, Anderson appeared with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (East Coast Troupe) during two 16 December shows in Philadelphia P.A. to play "Roundabout".

Supposedly, this appearance was a complete surprise to the audience. My Uncle, who's a Yes fan, happened to be going to one of the two Trans Siberian Orchestra shows, and was blown away. I was wearing a Yes shirt (that I got for xmas, really have gotten into yes in the past few months) which is what cause him to bring it up. Just thought I'd share.

That makes TSO cool in my book. Thanks for sharing! ohmy.gif

Where is this thread supposed to go? John Anderson sang a couple songs with TSO and...?

I love TSO and Yes (for the record) but I just don't see what the point of this thread is? Sorry. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 26 2010, 02:00 PM)
Where is this thread supposed to go? John Anderson sang a couple songs with TSO and...?

I love TSO and Yes (for the record) but I just don't see what the point of this thread is? Sorry. atickhum.gif

Just a little known fact I guess. Since it was only 2 shows it's not very known, and I've tried to find a video of this event but no luck.

I like TSO, but am not a huge fan. I have a couple of their cds, but only listened to them once.

However, it's an awesome nod to the band for Jon Anderson to appear on their tour!

Iv'e seen TSO 3 times,

I allways tell people to bring ear protection & Sunglasses

When things are as loud as you can make them without distortion

& Brighter than the sun @ noon

You have a show !

Didn't go this year, but got great seats for my Girls mother & partner

They had seen the DVD we have, but nothing compares to

LIVE TSO !

Impressed they were . . . . .

BUT I don't see how Yes's "Roundabout" fits into a TSO show

But then again, It must have been Awesome !

Archived