Merry Christmas TRF!

CMWriter

Merry Christmas, everyone here at The Rush Forum. 8D

Thanks for everyone being so welcoming and such the past not-even two months I've been a member here. If anyone's been watching the Rush Art thread these might look familiar, but I put it all together on PSE7 as a little thank-you holiday gift...

http://i53.tinypic.com/16k54dj.png

It's not perfect by any means (I can't draw instruments, bleh) but I slaved over this project ALL WEEK just to get it done in time for Christmas. x3

Here's to many more years of TRF, and many more of RUSH!

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Dec 25 2010, 08:27 AM)
A job well done! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif And merry Christmas! smile.gif

Thank you!

I actually gave this to my dad as a Christmas present. He loved it, but my mom stared at it forever (she's an artist, too, so I think she appreciated it in a different way). She seemed impressed... But she got an acrylic painting I did of the "KISS" logo, so of course I made her happy too. (That would be one of her favourite bands.. Go Mom!)

I had a pretty Rush-filled Christmas myself. Got a pair of those Starman earrings (EPIC LOVE), the TM Windbreaker they were selling on Rush Backstage, and two albums: AFTK (yes!!! no more scratchy vinyl that skips on CTTH!!) and RTB (finally, some '90's in my repertoire).

QUOTE (Lamelight @ Dec 25 2010, 03:31 PM)
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  Wow - love it! How did you do that?

And Merry Christmas!!  smile.gif  what do you like of RTB?

Thanks, and thanks also, Show Don't Tell. (:

Merry Christmas again!

I made each image separately in a program called Oekaki -- it's kind of like GIMP, Painter, Photoshop; those kinds of things. It's just really simplified, free, and on the internet. It's a good back-to-basics program. Drew everything with a graphics tablet, too. :3

I then moved them each onto a black background in Photoshop, added on the text and -- done! Pretty easy. And the font is from Grace Under Pressure, from a ZIP folder I found online of Rush fonts.

Took several hours overall.. geezus lol.

Oh, and since you asked, RTB is.. Well, it's certainly very different from the other Rush albums I own, but I like it a lot. Bravado, the title track, and Heresy are all really good. If anything it was exciting to hear some songs I'd never heard before.

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 25 2010, 07:08 AM)
Merry Christmas, everyone here at The Rush Forum. 8D
Thanks for everyone being so welcoming and such the past not-even two months I've been a member here. If anyone's been watching the Rush Art thread these might look familiar, but I put it all together on PSE7 as a little thank-you holiday gift...
http://i53.tinypic.com/16k54dj.png
It's not perfect by any means (I can't draw instruments, bleh) but I slaved over this project ALL WEEK just to get it done in time for Christmas. x3
Here's to many more years of TRF, and many more of RUSH!

Whoaaa - great job! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Way to go CM, that's cool!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Looks fantastic, I could never do something like that lol. Respect!

That's neat CM smile.gif

Keep listening to Bravado...it really grows on you.

The different stages version is the best. It's my favorite Rush tune smile.gif

Oh, and my favorite song in the world.

We will pay the price,

But we will not count the cost.

If you like writing/reading, read Ghost Rider.

You'll appreciate Bravado 285325720964368309804689075878x more when you finish reading the book.

CM you like Bright Eyes?

We Are Nowhere And It's Now is one of my favorite songs smile.gif

I used to like Bright Eyes a whole bunch, but listening to him now brings back really bad memories, so I don't listen to him much. But I still play We Are Nowhere And It's Now on my guitar very often. It's such a brilliant song. And he's an amazing lyricist by the way. I don't think he's as good as Peart, but that's just because they're completely different.