Cool Rush Dream

IChoseFreeWill

I could not find the Rush dreams thread, so I will start this one.

I had the coolest Rush dream last night. It was part of another longer dream. I had dreamt of Rush members as individuals before (mainly Neil), but this time it was all 3 of them performing as Rush.

This took place at the university I went to for undergrad. A girl I know- whom I met years later at an anime convention- was telling me that she had the 2112 album that she LOVED (AFAIK, this girl is not a Rush fan, but I do not know her well enough to be certain). She showed it to me- and the album had cartoons of the Rush boys dressed up as "priests of the Temples of Syrinx" (with red robes and the sort).

Then we go to a Rush concert at the University's auditorium. Rush looks like they look like now. And they begin throwing T-shirts and flyers at the audience. And I grab a Beige T-shirt saying Rush in a rather cursive font (probably closest to the Test for Echo one). I think they were playing 2112, but I am not sure.

This was part of a longer dream featuring other things. But it stood out that Rush was there. And that the album featured was 2112, as compared to one that has a Rush fave song of mine.

I think the reason for this dream may have been the fact that yesterday I went back to the LiveJournal post I made back in 2005 about iNtuitive Thinker songs/music. Two different people had nominated Rush as an iNtuitive Thinker band- and specifically mentioned Freewill and Subdivisions as being iNtuitive Thinker songs, but overall agreeing that everything by Rush was NT. I mentioned that I had not heard of them- although I must not have recognized them, since I do recall seeing "Tom Sawyer" as being featured in some CD advertised on TV during my senior year of HS.

But by 2007 or 2008 I had heard Rush enough on the local classic rock station for me to have listed "Freewill" and "Limelight" as examples on message boards. In late 2006, I first heard Closer to the Heart and thought it was a woman singing "ducks", but found out the truth shortly afterwards. And of course, I have been lurking on this forum since finding out Rush was coming to my city- trying very hard to find out the setlist to make sure they would be playing "Freewill" smile.gif

Archived