A RUSH to Dallas!!

Rushchick10

Well, you don't live so very far from me! Well, okay... a state border, half of Washington, the Cascades and Puget Sound. But, relatively.... smile.gif

My journey to Rush began with my Hubby (boyfriend then) and his roomie. They loved Prog rock and played me quite a lot of it: Genesis, ELP, Yes, Renaissance, Peter Gabriel... and Rush. Of course, I'd heard Rush on the radio and even when I worked at Tower records (PW came out during my tenure). But I wasn't yet ready to surrender to the wonder of Prog. Well, by the time I was dating Hubby, I was ready.

They played me Hemispheres and, sister, I was smitten! The roomie was a drummer so he pointed out the amazing-ness of Neil to me (he loved Phil Collins, too and could play along to both!). The bass and guitar I spotted on my own. It was cool to hear Prog with a dose of metal.

Rush turned out to be my first concert for a Prog band, too. Moving Pictures tour. Row 7 or 8. Dead center. Wow. It blew me away that 1) human beings could play this music and 2) they could do it LIVE!

Like you, I tend to love something completely once I fall for it. And so it has been with my Prog groups. Seen Yes 10 times, Genesis 5 times and Rush 3 times (though I wish it were more). I agree with you completely about different nights/same tour not being the same show. Recently, we saw the last two Genesis concerts - flew down to LA to do so. The first night, it rained (Phil: "Any time we play outside... bloody rain!") and nobody left. NObody. Even though the encore had to be canceled due to water in Tony's keyboards. The next night, it was clear and beautiful and the final night of the tour - quite likely the last Genesis show ever. And we were there. It was amazing and sad and wonderful.

Anyway, good to read about you. I like a gal who plays bass, something we've tried to get our daughter to do because there are so few female bass players. Maybe someday we can get together and jam.

Look forward to the rest of the story......

Great start, you've got me looking forward to reading the rest of the story. In particular, please detail how you bought your tickets, from whom, and how soon after the tour was announced that you did so. My dream is to attend more concerts in any future tours. (and i may attempt solo trips... hubby says go for it!)

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Oct 18 2010, 06:32 PM)
Great start, you've got me looking forward to reading the rest of the story. In particular, please detail how you bought your tickets, from whom, and how soon after the tour was announced that you did so. My dream is to attend more concerts in any future tours. (and i may attempt solo trips... hubby says go for it!)

It will be in there, but I actually bought my tickets for the Dallas show through a broker about 2-3 weeks before the show. SLC and Vegas tickets were bought during the "fan pre-sales," and the Auburn, WA ticket was purchased from a great lady I met through this forum.

Very nice! biggrin.gif

Eagerly awaiting the next installment.

I don't envy you flying into Denver, though.... I am a white-knuckle flier and Denver and I do not get along...

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 4 2010, 02:32 AM)
Very nice! biggrin.gif

I don't envy you flying into Denver, though.... I am a white-knuckle flier and Denver and I do not get along...

That's only the second time I have flown into Denver. But, I am planning on a Red Rocks show next tour (if Red Rocks is a stop, of course!), so I may be flying there again. Just depends. I may make a nice long road trip out of my next group of Rush concerts. cool.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 4 2010, 02:23 AM)
Very nice! biggrin.gif

That's only the second time I have flown into Denver. But, I am planning on a Red Rocks show next tour (if Red Rocks is a stop, of course!), so I may be flying there again. Just depends. I may make a nice long road trip out of my next group of Rush concerts. cool.gif

How about a train trip? wink.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 4 2010, 04:24 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 4 2010, 02:23 AM)
Very nice! biggrin.gif

How about a train trip? wink.gif

If I travel on the ground, I like to be the one driving. Just a thing I have. I have this idea in my head for a Rush road trip, but it will depend on the tour schedule.

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 4 2010, 04:56 AM)
I don't drive so if you want to drive me around on that Rush road trip, I am MORE than happy to let you! biggrin.gif

You'd be a welcome passenger, Foxxi! wink.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 4 2010, 03:11 AM)
I don't drive so if you want to drive me around on that Rush road trip, I am MORE than happy to let you!  biggrin.gif

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1022.gif 2.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 4 2010, 10:11 AM)
I don't drive so if you want to drive me around on that Rush road trip, I am MORE than happy to let you!  biggrin.gif

Love the fact were planning this already. Can't be too prepared for an all out assault of Rush-ian proportions applaudit.gif laugh.gif

Wow, Your writing is great Rushchick, I am also deeply and totally into Rush, All of it, from @75 onwards, LIke Foxxi, I first heard Anthem and was hooked. Its great to read and chat about Rush and all the great stuff they have done and are continuing to do without the usual bits about not liking this or that track.

If you do go on a Rush road trip, real or virtual, I will be in the support wagon behind you. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I really like your writing style. Looking forward to the next installment! smile.gif

It's so nice to have a friend like that. smile.gif

Enjoying the story.....