Mike Oldfield

Steevo

This is weird timing Steve! I found "Hergest Ridge" on Japanese cd cardboard mini lp sleeve the other day! Sealed for 10 bucks.

I listened to it and I hated it.

Almost put me to sleep.

"Tubular Bells" is a classic.

Are these versions worth picking up?

I'm on the fence.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 31 2010, 05:13 PM)
This is weird timing Steve!  I found "Hergest Ridge" on Japanese cd cardboard mini lp sleeve the other day!  Sealed for 10 bucks.
I listened to it and I hated it.

Almost put me to sleep.

"Tubular Bells" is a classic.

Are these versions worth picking up?

I'm on the fence.

^^^ Not for everyone I guess bud confused13.gif But yes, these versions are MOST definitely worth it for me. I have never owned any of the remastered issues before, so they're long overdue. I just cannot say no to all those remixes either. There are single disc versions available as well, but I'm too greedy I guess, especially for that period of MO drool1.gif

I guess approach with caution for you, but I'm glad you agree TB is an undeniable classic trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 31 2010, 01:43 AM)
I have all the vinyl on first edition and the last set of remasters. Not sure if I'll shell out again. Although I did get last year's TB remaster. Yowsa.

Hergest Ridge is a masterpiece, Earl is a philistine in leather pants. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

"Hell Bent For Leather" buddy!!!

Can't get into that Oldfield album!

Maybe I should give it another spin!

(sort of like Linda Blair's head) ohmy.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:11 AM)
I have all the vinyl on first edition and the last set of remasters. Not sure if I'll shell out again. Although I did get last year's TB remaster. Yowsa.

Hergest Ridge is a masterpiece, Earl is a philistine in leather pants. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

ohmy.gif Holy cripes...I was gonna post that very same song on your behalf...so on the same page there.

Try again and see what you come up with...

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 31 2010, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:11 AM)

laugh.gif

ohmy.gif Holy cripes...I was gonna post that very same song on your behalf...so on the same page there.

Try again and see what you come up with...

Great minds think alike! wink.gif

I will listen to it again!

Pea soup anyone?

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 31 2010, 06:02 AM)
Has anyone nabbed the Deluxes?  Where are you Jaye??!!  biggrin.gif  I have Hergest and Tubular Bells lined up soon, hopefully smile.gif 653.gif atickhum.gif

I passed on these shortly after I first learned of them. I'm happy with the versions of the albums I already have. I really don't need more than one version of the same album. Besides, I couldn't afford it if I wanted to.

Archived