Rio International Half Marathon 2010

Rod in Toronto

That is real cool, I have all of the Rush albums on my Zune. So when I am at work and need some inspiration to get going again, I just pick an album to play and I am off on my way again!!!

QUOTE (Working2112 @ Aug 22 2010, 06:59 PM)
I am off on my way

do you also hit the open road? is there magic at your fingers?

Your finish time is ridiculous!!!!!!

I am planning on running a 1/2 marathon in Nov and I would be extatic if I could finish in just over 2 hrs (or at all). Hey, I am getting older and just now really picking up running.

i love the setlist idea. i did the same thing the other day (put it on my ipod using mostly live stuff) and ran to it. Other than a couple of spots where I don't think songs blend together to well, I am looking forward to seeing the boys in Atlanta.

Anyway, Great race and enjoy the music!!!

You guys should be talking in the running thread wink.gif

Escape Artist: Have you been measured properly for running shoes? Perhaps that is causing some shin splint pain..

I did my first half a year ago, and ran another in April. My best time was 2:03:55. I want to possibly work up to a full next year but we will see.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 24 2010, 11:06 AM)
You guys should be talking in the running thread wink.gif

Escape Artist: Have you been measured properly for running shoes? Perhaps that is causing some shin splint pain..

I did my first half a year ago, and ran another in April. My best time was 2:03:55. I want to possibly work up to a full next year but we will see.

You've got a point about chosing proper running shoes...they make a huge difference!!! I always use Asics Kayano.

And hey, excellent timing too!!! I think the Half Marathon is the longest I can run whilst still enjoying it. I spent hal the time of the full marathon worried about breaking down...really tense!!!

Thanks guys for the advice. I have tried pretty much everything, shoes, doctors, ice, etc.

I am trying not to overtrain and don't skip out on good shoes, hench forth I only in crease a max of 10 % total distance per week. That is the advice I have gotten from the folks at Strickly Running (local running store gurus who seem to have better answers than my doctor ).

So far so good, this time out. I will know where I stand in a few weeks.

In the meantime I have plenty of Rush to run to. I find the message and drive of the songs very inspiring to run to. Geddy's solo cd is also very good, which I believe was mentioned in a similar thread.

I do love talking to other runners, particularly Rush fan runners.

QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Aug 24 2010, 08:37 PM)
Wow, good stuff.

When you loaded the current setlist onto your ipod, did you find some spots where you thought the songs did not blend into each other very well?

I thought most of it blended very well, but two spots were, let's say, far from ideal: having Time Stands Still and Presto together kinda slowed the pace a little bit, much like Bravado and The Pass in the Vapor Trails setlist. And LTTA + Faithless is a bit weird, even though I like both songs...

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Aug 25 2010, 06:33 AM)
QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Aug 24 2010, 08:37 PM)
Wow, good stuff.

When you loaded the current setlist onto your ipod, did you find some spots where you thought the songs did not blend into each other very well?

I thought most of it blended very well, but two spots were, let's say, far from ideal: having Time Stands Still and Presto together kinda slowed the pace a little bit, much like Bravado and The Pass in the Vapor Trails setlist. And LTTA + Faithless is a bit weird, even though I like both songs...

I thought the same thing. The only other question I have is Far Cry into Drum Solo. I think Mal Nar works better into the drum solo. I will be interested to see how it all blends together in a real live show, not a patched together list of studio and live material.

I may try it again with all studio material and one live drum solo. That could be intersting.