Favorite Moment! ***SPOILERS***

The Rush Kid

Alright, So what was ur favorite part of the show?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Alright, So what was ur favorite part of the show?

• THE SPIRIT OF RADIO
    • TIME STAND STILL
    • PRESTO
    • STICK IT OUT
    • WORKIN' THEM ANGELS
    • LEAVE THAT THING ALONE
    • FAITHLESS
    • BU2B
    • FREEWILL
    • MARATHON
    • SUBDIVISIONS
    • TOM SAWYER
    • RED BARCHETTA
    • YYZ
    • LIMELIGHT
    • CAMERA EYE
    • WITCH HUNT
    • VITAL SIGNS
    • CARAVAN
    • LOVE 4 SALE (drum solo)
    • CLOSER TO THE HEART
    • 2112 OVERTURE / TEMPLES
    • FAR CRY
    • LA VILLA STRANGIATO
    • WORKING MAN

I LOVED THIS SHOW TO DEATH. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE & MY FIRST TIME SEEING THEM!

MY FAVORITE WAS PRESTO 4SURE! VERY HEARTFELT SONG INDEED. And i thought they fixed it up really good. oh and another moment happened when Lerxt totally broke a string during the beginning of 2112 and STILL managed to play the whole thing at the los angeles show!

well, what was your favorite song? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

thanx to GOTRUSH for the poll (copy and paste)

Edited by Digital Man

My favorite part was when they ran down Moving Pictures, 1 through 7, in album order, without a break. It reminded me of first discovering that album (which is when I first discovered the band) and just playing the hell out of the record all summer while I smoked on my roof.

But since you listed the seven songs separately and I can't decide on any one, I'll go with "Spirit of Radio," the first song, because from the time they hit the stage until halfway through "Spirit," I thought I was going to cry... all my feelings about Rush, over 25 years of devoted fandom, came at me at once. "I love these guys! They're like dear friends I only get to see twice every three years." I was immensely proud to be a Rush fan in that moment, proud that "I Ged it" and always have.

Edited by GeddyRulz

I have to say that hearing Marathon was pretty emotional for me. I never - EVER thought I'd hear that song live. Presto was a close second - along with Camera Eye (but I knew about that when the tour was announced)...I cried when both Marathon and Presto started. I never got to see a tour before Counterparts, so getting to hear both of those songs live meant a lot to me.

I'm a Neil Peart whore, and ever since I saw my first Neil solo back in 1984, it's always been my favorite part of the show for decades.

To think I will get to hopefully see 50 Neil Peart drum solos come Wednesday.

There is a God.

It's Neil. tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 14 2010, 10:10 PM)
I have to say that hearing Marathon was pretty emotional for me. I never - EVER thought I'd hear that song live. Presto was a close second - along with Camera Eye (but I knew about that when the tour was announced)...I cried when both Marathon and Presto started. I never got to see a tour before Counterparts, so getting to hear both of those songs live meant a lot to me.

I agree with you! "Marathon" is very emotional for me too on this Tour.

"Subdivisons" still gets me too. Especially the part that Geddy has added vocally over the last many years. When he throws in that "Of Youuuuuu.........." part!

RUSH RULES! No band on the earth will ever touch them. 2.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 15 2010, 01:38 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 14 2010, 10:10 PM)
I have to say that hearing Marathon was pretty emotional for me.  I never - EVER thought I'd hear that song live.  Presto was a close second - along with Camera Eye (but I knew about that when the tour was announced)...I cried when both Marathon and Presto started.  I never got to see a tour before Counterparts, so getting to hear both of those songs live meant a lot to me.

I agree with you! "Marathon" is very emotional for me too on this Tour.

"Subdivisons" still gets me too. Especially the part that Geddy has added vocally over the last many years. When he throws in that "Of Youuuuuu.........." part!

RUSH RULES! No band on the earth will ever touch them. 2.gif

trink39.gif Earl!!

Tom Sawyer smile.gif there was so much energy, and everyone was singing. The lights were amazing during TS as well.

But during Neil's drum solo, I felt so happy. I felt alive. I couldn't stop smiling!

We had to leave early, but as Alex played Closer To The Heart I was skipping wub.gif All great moments.

I chose tom sawyer though smile.gif

Marathon was a high point for me, as was Working Man (don't care for the way they are starting that one though). They really rock the hell out of that song, though. TSOR is always incredible, BUT.....

I think Caravan might actually be my favorite part of the show. I really like both the new songs and they sound just incredible live.