After all my negative Rush posts...

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. Yes, I still feel strongly about Rush's current state, but after reviewing the setlist I was surprised not to see much in the way of ma-newer music. I found a dirt cheap pair of 20th row tickets- what can I say? What's even more interesting about this setlist, personally, is that my first Rush concert was Moving Pictures. It will be actually like stepping back in time...with a time machine!

In terms of Rush's direction, I've never really hated any changes until they went with the Vapour Trails sound and feeling(which still persists today, imo).

Lost in Xanadu- Yes, it used to be Nissan Pavilion now its the Jiffy Lube something (Sounds like a happy-ending herbal rub).

After all my negative Rush posts..., I'm going!

Well I would wish you a terrible time, but it's a Rush concert so that won't happen!

I would wish you that the sound would be horrible but it's rush so that won't happen.

I would wish you that the show would be an eye sore but then again it's Rush so that won't happen either.

So I'll just wish you a great, awesome, and tremendous time!

Hey it's 2.gif so that will happen!

Glad you had a change of mind on seeing the boys!

1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 29 2010, 10:25 AM)

Well I would wish you a terrible time, but it's a Rush concert so that won't happen!

I would wish you that the sound would be horrible but it's rush so that won't happen.

I would wish you that the show would be an eye sore but then again it's Rush so that won't happen either.

1022.gif

Thanks for the kind words....I thought you were losingit at first! trink39.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 29 2010, 11:26 AM)

1022.gif

Nah! Just a curve ball. There are many here that are losing it though! I think it will only take one more bad set list thread to do it.

scared.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 23 2010, 09:23 PM)
Well! Glad to see you've had a change of heart and are actually kind of looking forward to it.
Seriously - a number of people who were initially disappointed in the setlist (and hey - there are a shitload of songs I'd have loved to see on it as well) have returned to say they were pleasantly surprised after actually hearing it live.

What Mara just said. I was one of those people.

Go dude. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I know that some will not agree, but I think they keep getting better and better. Past their prime? No way.

$400 for a third row seat? That's a good f***ing deal man. For that reason alone, I'd go even if they were covering Creed songs the whole night.

Maybe..........