The Mets...Oh dear...

Brutal Truth

They haven't that badly, but they aren't settling at all. Can they go back to Shea 1-5 (with Pedro beating Smoltz), or are they doomed to 0-6 and their season being over already?

I've been a Mets fan since 1983, but I have never seen anything like this.

QUOTE (Brutal Truth @ Apr 10 2005, 10:43 AM)
They haven't that badly, but they aren't settling at all. Can they go back to Shea 1-5 (with Pedro beating Smoltz), or are they doomed to 0-6 and their season being over already?

I've been a Mets fan since 1983, but I have never seen anything like this.

It's going to take awhile for Minaya to right the ship, I think. Once the money is well spent, they will be dangerous for years to come. The teams they had in the late 80s were unforgettable, and I loved watching the Dodgers play them, playoffs or regular season. Regular season games took on a playoff atmosphere, and the games were usually hard fought pitchers' duels. I don't know where the Mets lost their way. They have become proof that spending money in and of itself doesn't win championships. They need to develop a farm system, and hopefully Minaya will do that for them. They look like they're in trouble this year, yes. I think they'll do a little better the rest of the way out, but I don't see anything better than fourth place in the NL East this year. It's a tough division.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Apr 10 2005, 10:55 AM)
OH and SIX!

The Bravos have their number at Turner Field. Pedro or not.

Mets finally got to Smoltz when Beltran hit a two run homer. It's 3-1 Mets now. Smoltz was doing great before, though. He struck out 15 batters!! Much better than the first start of his this season. Will the Mets blow it now?

The Mets won ... Smoltz was left in one too many batters, but Cox had to do that as he was chasing the strike out record. That is why Cox is loved by the players.

Props to Pedro and the boys.

QUOTE (Brutal Truth @ Apr 11 2005, 01:12 PM)
Well, a great rally in the 8th, and a HUGE pitching performance from Pedro Martinez finally got it sorted in Atlanta!

Here's to winning a few against Houston in the first few games at Shea!

The Mets make it 2 in a row......Great pitching by glavin and some clutch hitting..John Franco's return didn't go so well,But hay he aint a Met no more biggrin.gif

Archived