Fever Pitch

anagramking

Being the baseball fan I am, I had to go check out this movie, which was an American adaptation of a Nick Hornby novel about a guy who was obsessed with English soccer, particularly the Arsenal team. This movie centers around Jimmy Fallon's character's obsession with the Boston Red Sox. We really enjoyed the movie, and thought it was one of Drew Barrymore's better roles. The lore of the Boston Red Sox was captured quite well in this movie. It touched on all the important parts, at least the ones that I know of. I'll let hardcore Red Sox fans be the judge of how true it was to their plight and joy of being Red Sox fans, though. Anyway, it was a great baseball movie with another good story beneath it all. Check it out, especially if you're a baseball fan.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 10 2005, 05:22 PM)
This movie was filmed mostly near my neck of the woods.

Seems like a lot of movies are filmed around Toronto, more than we'll ever know. I hear that's because it's much cheaper to film there.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 10 2005, 05:38 PM)

Seems like a lot of movies are filmed around Toronto, more than we'll ever know. I hear that's because it's much cheaper to film there.

Really? I wonder why it would be cheaper.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 10 2005, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 10 2005, 05:38 PM)

Really? I wonder why it would be cheaper.

Our dollar's lower. For now, anyways. cool.gif

Edit: typo

Edited by invisibleairwaves

Arsenal suck. I like the Red Sox though. As a avid football (soccer to you American types) follower, I read Nick Hornby's book and completely understood what he meant (having lived that life for years as a Tottenham Hotspur supporter).

The movie will be nothing more than diverting tripe, and I will more than likely enjoy it! A chick flick dressed up in a Boston uniform, now that's the real comedy!