what the hell

limbo

They've been doing that for years. What happens is certain blocks of seats are held for VIPs, friends, family of the band, industry insiders, etc. upfront. And then once they determine that some or all of those seats are not going to be used, they turn around and release them to the general public later on once the determination is made. At least that's my understanding of how it works.

It's screwed up, but it is what it is. Ticketmaster has been doing that for as long as I can remember... seriously, 20-30 years or more.

QUOTE (theoriginalfuzz @ Jul 12 2010, 11:41 AM)
They've been doing that for years. What happens is certain blocks of seats are held for VIPs, friends, family of the band, industry insiders, etc. upfront. And then once they determine that some or all of those seats are not going to be used, they turn around and release them to the general public later on once the determination is made. At least that's my understanding of how it works.

It's screwed up, but it is what it is. Ticketmaster has been doing that for as long as I can remember... seriously, 20-30 years or more.

Yup, that's pretty much it. I've also seen where at concert time, if there are "blocked out" seats that aren't going to be used, they'll go up into the nose bleed or lawn seating areas and give them away to lucky fans.

As the tour progresses (especially the last 5 or 6 shows), you'll see this less & less because more VIP's, friends, family, etc. will start taking/keeping those seats.

Even though I am 45 now and not really interested in "fighting" my way to the front anymore, I do kind of miss the RUSH (pun intended) to the stage when they opened up the floor to the General Admission folks. Now it is just a sea of seats nobody actually sits in...(none of the true fans anyways.) What a waste. It is all about the money now.

angry.gif

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Jul 12 2010, 12:54 PM)
Even though I am 45 now and not really interested in "fighting" my way to the front anymore, I do kind of miss the RUSH (pun intended) to the stage when they opened up the floor to the General Admission folks.  Now it is just a sea of seats nobody actually sits in...(none of the true fans anyways.)  What a waste.  It is all about the money now.

angry.gif

Reserve seating isn't about the money. It's about the safety of the fans, as well as protection from litigious concert goers who are quick to sue because they were injured trying to fight their way to the front...

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jul 12 2010, 01:49 PM)
how long before the show are these types of tickets released?

i would check on the morning of the show and up until show time.

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jul 12 2010, 01:50 PM)

i'm driving 3 hours to the show

i'm a little worried about waiting til the day of to buy tickets

do you think it's a slam dunk that 2 tickets will definitely be available?

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jul 12 2010, 01:53 PM)

i know they almost always release tickets its just unknown how many and when. more of a layup than slam dunk..if you get to the venue early i would suggest taking a lawn chair and cooler and "camp" out by the ticket window. Get friendly with the ticket seller and let them know you are looking to get tickets released by the band when they become avaliable. Also check ticketmaster prior to leaving. use the print at home or will call option and enjoy...hope this helps.

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jul 12 2010, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jul 12 2010, 01:53 PM)

i know they almost always release tickets its just unknown how many and when. more of a layup than slam dunk..if you get to the venue early i would suggest taking a lawn chair and cooler and "camp" out by the ticket window. Get friendly with the ticket seller and let them know you are looking to get tickets released by the band when they become avaliable. Also check ticketmaster prior to leaving. use the print at home or will call option and enjoy...hope this helps.

thanks a lot for the info

i may just be a little timid to run the risk of not getting tickets for a show that far away cat.gif