1980 Howard Roberts Fusion For Sale

tskidmore

Yeah my 1980 HRF has a little crack at the end of the f-hole under the pickguard even though it is in super clean condition. I took it to my luthier when I bought it and he said that these little cracks are common on these instruments and dont significantly affect the tone or durability of the instrument as long as it is well cared for moving forward.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 15 2010, 06:20 AM)
That little crack in the top by the volume knob -- is that a factor for any of you guys? Does that knock down the value for you at all, to the point where it will affect how high you'll bid?

That's it... I am retracting my bid!

Actually even after upping my initial bid the reserve has not yet been met. He probably wants at least a granny for it, understandably.

I suspect the final will be around $1200 ish. Not sure if I will pony up that much. These are only desirable by certain collectors. Like myself.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jul 15 2010, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 15 2010, 06:20 AM)
That little crack in the top by the volume knob -- is that a factor for any of you guys? Does that knock down the value for you at all, to the point where it will affect how high you'll bid?

That's it... I am retracting my bid!

Actually even after upping my initial bid the reserve has not yet been met. He probably wants at least a granny for it, understandably.

I suspect the final will be around $1200 ish. Not sure if I will pony up that much. These are only desirable by certain collectors. Like myself.

I would LOVE an HRF, and $1200 for a good one would be money well spent. I don't have a hollow or semi-hollow guitar and that guitar would fill that slot perfectly. But I'm saving for a new MIDI controller so I won't be sniping this one.

See, I can get rid of my Sheraton if I do get it, probably for half of the final total. Still it has a Les Paul autograph on it. I am sure the HRF stays in tune better. The Sheraton does sound great, but has tuning issues.

The HRF stays in tune great, I went an entire month without touching the tuners. tongue.gif

This guitar was always going to sell for over $1000. Like I said the lowest HRF I've ever seen sell for was 1165 (not counting the ones with the round sound hole in the middle)...and that was a 1993 in not as good a color and had some rust on it.

btw, just bought this guitar today after a few emails back and forth (with better pics) from the seller. Those Timmons pickups are like $200 for the set, so it's not a bad deal for an Am DXL. Actually just put in one bid, kinda thought I'd be outbid. ha. Oh well, can always sell the original S1 pickups and get like 100 back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190415636163

ph34r.gif trink38.gif

Edited by jdouglas

QUOTE (tskidmore @ Jul 16 2010, 05:40 AM)
Wow, she's a beauty. Hope it sounds as good as it looks, nice acquisition new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif How many strats does that make?

Something north of ridiculous.

wacko.gif

Thanks, I hope it plays nice too.

I think I have a plan to sell some of the mid level gear I own, and upgrade to fewer but better quality instruments. This is somewhat a step in that direction. It's gonna break my heart, but I'll probably get more $$ for the strats I dont really play if I sell them in pieces.

scared.gif

Man I wanted to get this thing so badly. However, one of the two Mesa Boogie 2:90 power amps Ihave in my rack decided to set itself on fire at last Thursday's practice.

With a big show looming this Saturday that $ was better spent on a new 2:90. Shite happens. $1400.00 is a pretty good deal for that axe.

comp26.gif

Well, no joy on that HRF for us, but my Timmon's Am Dxl strat came in without a scratch in like new condition. Plays nice. smile.gif

Now I just have to sell a few to lighten the load. angry.gif

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/16/20100720194839.jpg