1980 Howard Roberts Fusion For Sale

tskidmore

QUOTE (tskidmore @ Jul 12 2010, 06:09 AM)
A vintage HRF is on ebay. Not only is a Lerxst axe, but if you ask anyone who has one, and there are a few of us on this forum that do (me included) they are awesome guitars, and usually go for a lot less than an es-355.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Howard-Roberts-...=item2c55a6fb7a

You want this guitar, you know you do...

Thought you were selling your for a sec there. tongue.gif

Who just out bid me? Why can't I have it for $500?

wacko.gif

I just played mine at practice tonight....solos are so pure on the neck pickup...They are medium output (by today's standards) so you have to raise them closer to the strings a bit, then the majik happens. ha. tongue.gif

btw, someone in philly has a new "white" 339 (the one pete posted) and he is looking to trade it for a "tom anderson" but open to other trades. WEEee!

Someone took a shot but I am still top.

I have no doubt someone else will end up with this guitar. I am still top after another shot.

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 13 2010, 10:16 AM)
Still 5+ days left so bidding now is pretty much counter productive. We'll see how this pans out in a bit. Very nice guitar and good luck to all.

That's my opinion as well. I never bid until the last hour. I see no reason to take part in driving the price up...but when it's a reserve auction and the reserve isn't met yet, that changes things a bit.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 13 2010, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 13 2010, 10:16 AM)
Still 5+ days left so bidding now is pretty much counter productive. We'll see how this pans out in a bit. Very nice guitar and good luck to all.

That's my opinion as well. I never bid until the last hour. I see no reason to take part in driving the price up...but when it's a reserve auction and the reserve isn't met yet, that changes things a bit.

It's actually not counter productive at all.

1) You must bid at least once on a item to get the realtime clock activated in your MY ebay for that item. It also adds it to the bidding tab on your MY ebay.

2) You shake out potential bidders or watchers who have preset queries setup for items that are under a certain dollar amount. (i.e. show me all Gibsons under $500 and such).

3) It puts the seller at ease that there is demand for his item (I have seen sellers cancel an item early because of lack of bids).

4) It's fun to make Cyg uneasy.

Are you going to win something with 5 days left? no, but it's certainly not counter productive.

Edited by jdouglas

I will get a notification if I am outbid and I can decide whether to continue or not. It depends. I have one strategy at work already. We'll see where it goes from here.

My gut says the reserve is somewhere in the 800's. I already know how much I want to spend on this thing and the average prices of these things sold in the past year or so.

Based on that I am pretty sure I know how much this will go for. Bidding early pretty much does nothing but drive the price up and expose yourself as an eBay lurker.

I'll wait until the last minutes and see where we go from there.

Again good luck to all. This thing will sound sweet as fack with a nice Piezo in it. In my opinion this is the only Gibson worth owning.

At the very least we can get into Cyg's pocket a bit too. Your George Washingtons will have to squint when they see the light at the end of this tunnel.

bolt.gif

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 14 2010, 07:11 AM)
My gut says the reserve is somewhere in the 800's. I already know how much I want to spend on this thing and the average prices of these things sold in the past year or so.

Based on that I am pretty sure I know how much this will go for. Bidding early pretty much does nothing but drive the price up and expose yourself as an eBay lurker.

I'll wait until the last minutes and see where we go from there.

Again good luck to all. This thing will sound sweet as fack with a nice Piezo in it. In my opinion this is the only Gibson worth owning.

At the very least we can get into Cyg's pocket a bit too. Your George Washingtons will have to squint when they see the light at the end of this tunnel.

bolt.gif

I've only ever seen one sell for under 1200, and I think that one was mis categorized.

They are $2800 new and 90% sell for 1300-1850 on ebay depending on the year and model. (HRF1 through HRF3, not the epi ones).

no.gif

Edited by jdouglas

If you look in the guy's notes he states the dreaded "edict from on high" AKA "I need more tampons and koolaide" reasoning behind the sale. This makes me think the reserve will be much lower than the average selling price - combined with the obvious economic climate - and echoes of "You sell that FACKING thing hanging on the wall for whatever you can get!" are ringing in my head.

Pretty sad but if it scores me this bad boy for a very reasonable price God bless her little heart.

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 14 2010, 09:30 AM)
If you look in the guy's notes he states the dreaded "edict from on high" AKA "I need more tampons and koolaide" reasoning behind the sale. This makes me think the reserve will be much lower than the average selling price - combined with the obvious economic climate - and echoes of "You sell that FACKING thing hanging on the wall for whatever you can get!" are ringing in my head.

Pretty sad but if it scores me this bad boy for a very reasonable price God bless her little heart.

could be, tough to tell from his selling history (no big recent sales). He has two guitars listed now, this and a $1k tele.

The reserve price actually hurts him, most things with a reserve don't sell.

I think you are just better off starting the auction at 80% or so of what you want to sell it for....most ebay buyers don't even watch reserve items, they don't like the uncertainty.

What I can tell you is that this item has 37 watchers already.

The other new sunburst HRF out there has 53 watchers, current bid is 1400.

Good luck e1. I really don't need 2 of the exact same guitar (especially since I like mine), so I will be out of the bidding when it gets to a certain level.

Edited by jdouglas

I am still top dog with another bid attempt. My initial bid still stands, which is a very low reasonable price as far as I am concerned. I imagine the next bid may knock me. My max will be used as a snipe when necessary.

The thing about eBay is you have to be willing to let something go and stick to what you are willing to pay and not get caught up in a bidding frenzy. There is always a better deal somewhere.

Take for instance my Ric 360-12 which I got for $1k even after seeing them on eBay for $2500.