Horrible Review of the Time Machine Tour

By-Thor

I have to wonder if the guy really did go to the show. Seriously. The band changed/modified a LOT of their material - sometimes subtly (how Geddy approaches the lyrics), and sometimes blatantly (seen the various complaints from fans about the Working Man modification?). Making the statement that they could just plug-in a CD over the PA is pretty crass and uneducated.

I bet the guy spent 8 hours writing the review - 5 of those hours spent thumbing through his thesaurus and dictionary trying desperately to sound as intelligent as his subject matter.

Mike Judge has not got a f...... clue no.gif he is an a...... fing.gif

2.gif RULES!!!

It's pretty unfair to send someone to review a concert of a band that they already dislike. It's like sending someone who hates Japanese food to review a Japanese restaurant.

Journalists are supposed to be unbiased but it's clear that that idea is dead.

I always thought the fact that they played songs so close to the originals really works when you're seeing them live, but translates badly on live albums. For live albums, since it is so close, it ends up sounding like less polished rogher versions of the original songs. Live material as a recording for me only works if the material is improved upon (which is rarely the case with Rush), or if it's changed up significantly (which even more rarely is the case with Rush). In person though, it's awesome. Who was this guy expecting when he saw Rush - the Grateful Dead?

Live performance have to include improv? Says who??? I've seen some pretty bad improv myself. Let's face it, Rush tunes ain't easy to pull off live. But they do it every night, or at least come close.

Will I be mad if they don't play Tom Sawyer on this tour? Yes (and a bit confused since I've already peeked at the setlist)

Do I expect Tom Sawyer to be played differently this tour? Not likely

Will I be taking a piss-break during Tom Sawyer since I've seen it played live before? Hell no, not if I can hold it.

Will I cheer at the end of the song even tho it was played same as always? Like a pack of wild banshees