Travel method

duntov1966

ph34r.gif

I am not a stalker, but it is kinda neat to track the flights...

The boys maybe using the same aircraft they did last tour, at least it seems that way. The same 'tail number' from the S&A tour landed last night in LA.

unsure.gif Not sure I should post the tail number or not... maybe too public.

ph34r.gif

Holy crap, how would anybody not camped out in the bushes by the side of the landing strip possibly know something like this? ohmy.gif

And NO, please don't give out the tail number in case Osama hates Rush.

Edited by Del_Duio

Last time round, the mods did away with the plane tracker thread.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 25 2010, 09:47 AM)
Holy crap, how would anybody not camped out in the bushes by the side of the landing strip possibly know something like this?  ohmy.gif

Being an aviation enthusiast, you don't have to hide in the bushes. I noticed it on flightaware.com. There are ways to figure it out...

Maybe we should drop this now... I want to respect their privacy.

Edited by duntov1966

I'm more curious to know what type of aircraft our boys get to fly around in.........?

You could catch a glimpse in the movie but I wasn't quite able to ID the type.

Lear?

Bombardier?

Gulfstream?

Canadian built of course - Bombardier Challenger 600 series (Cl/60)

I know it is wikipedia, but it is good quick info. confused13.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_Challenger_600

Very nice, luxury aircraft, nothing but the finest for them. They deserve it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by duntov1966

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Jun 25 2010, 09:32 AM)
Not sure I should post the tail number or not...  maybe too public.

No, please don't do that. I mean, it may get out eventually, but just do your part to respect their privacy, my friend. Thanks!

I have such a huge fear of flying since a friend of mine Rich Coburn died on Swissair Flight 111 in the 90s, that even just seeing the word aircraft sends my blood pressure through the roof.

Damn you!

Edited by trenken

When was the last time they traveled in a tour bus? I seem to recall on the T4E tour in 96, right after they played in San Diego I recognized some of their tour buses in the parking lot of a hotel in my hometown just up the freeway. I decided against snooping around and stalking them, for all I know it could have just been their road crew.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 25 2010, 09:47 AM)
Holy crap, how would anybody not camped out in the bushes by the side of the landing strip possibly know something like this? ohmy.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 09:37 AM)
I have such a huge fear of flying since a friend of mine Rich Coburn died on Swissair Flight 111 in the 90s, that even just seeing the word aircraft sends my blood pressure through the roof.

Damn you!

I'm with you there! I am petrified to fly and I didn't fly for over 13 years. Last year finished me off flying in and out of Chicago. Bad weather both ways, my plane actually was over an hour ahead of time and we had to slow it down so much it looked as if we were headed back to Denver, sitting on an airplane for hours on a runway, 4 flights that were going to be diverted to St. Louis , no more! I flew for the last several tours and this time around I've got some friends to road trip with.

Thanks for respecting their privacy! trink39.gif

QUOTE (quickfree @ Jun 25 2010, 11:08 AM)
Stalk Geddy at the baseball games during their off days.

Now that I may do tongue.gif . Seriously I love going to ball games but no way can I afford a seat anywhere near Geddy and there is lots of sight-seeing to do.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 25 2010, 12:35 PM)
When was the last time they traveled in a tour bus? I seem to recall on the T4E tour in 96, right after they played in San Diego I recognized some of their tour buses in the parking lot of a hotel in my hometown just up the freeway. I decided against snooping around and stalking them, for all I know it could have just been their road crew.

They generally travel with 5 to 6 buses. 1 each for Geddy, Alex, & Neil, and the rest for crew. When venues are just short distances from each other, everyone is on buses. If they're farther apart (and no show the next evening), Geddy & Alex fly. They'll also use the plane for "in between" promotional trips and the like, when they need to get somewhere and be back fast (like The Colbert Report last tour). The plane has also been used to fly family & friends in & out. So, it's not always Geddy and/or Alex on board.

Occasionally, if there is a day between shows, they'll drive to the next town and the crew gets to stay in a hotel for the night - which they love. Showering day after day in venue locker/dressing rooms has very little appeal and gets old, really fast. Sleeping in a real bed is also a treat. Its likely that the buses you saw were crew buses.

Whether they're on board or not, snooping around them isn't a good idea. Security doesn't take kindly to that kind of thing. Plus, it's just a little creepy.