Boys of Brazil

briremo

I'm bringing the wife and kids (12 & 14 yr old boys) to their first RUSH show in WPB, RUSH's final US show in October. I'm excited, the boys are thrilled but wifey (never a big RUSH fan) has been like, "yeah, I'll go". She's more of a Madonna/Rick Sprinfield kinda gal. wtf.gif

Last night as an introduction, I broke out the RIR dvd and MADE her watch the Boys in Brazil companion. At first she had her arms across her chest and kept checking her watch but then she really got sucked in. After she saw the fan interviews and the girl crying about how much RUSH has touched her life (me getting choked up too), Alex being a total ham and a family guy in bed with his wife at the hotel, the interviews about Neil's dealing with the press (at which point I had to pause the disc and explain the tragedies he suffered) and then watching them jam with her eyes wide open and then images of the crowd just revelling in the show, I have officially paved the way for her to not have a shitty time at the concert. biggrin.gif

She was amazed! She said they seemed like really people and was interested in watching some more! I spent the next hour popping the most "airplay friendly" songs from their DVD concerts and we just had a great time. She is now looking forward to the show!

I'm so happy. common001.gif

I have been trying to convert my GF, but even going to see the doc last night did not do the trick... Rush just isn't for everyone. With concert tickets being so expensive, I am not going to waste the money on getting her one (unless she has a change of heart and really wants to go... NOT likely)

I've been snookered. I got home tonight and in my enthusiasm wanted to 'turn her on' to some of my more of my favs only to hear her say that she thinks they're cool guys but she was really just humoring me. She thinks they're "cool" but not her gig. Still wants to go to the show but I think it has more to do with the fact our kids are going to the show.

Hey GeddyLeeFan, wanna go with me and my boys. Just pretend like we're old friends. drool1.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 11 2010, 11:03 PM)
I've been snookered. I got home tonight and in my enthusiasm wanted to 'turn her on' to some of my more of my favs only to hear her say that she thinks they're cool guys but she was really just humoring me. She thinks they're "cool" but not her gig. Still wants to go to the show but I think it has more to do with the fact our kids are going to the show.

Hey GeddyLeeFan, wanna go with me and my boys. Just pretend like we're old friends. drool1.gif

Me and my Rush "crew" of old. . .was me and seven or eight guys. All through high school and a good chunk of college as well.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 11 2010, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 11 2010, 11:03 PM)

Hey GeddyLeeFan, wanna go with me and my boys. Just pretend like we're old friends.  drool1.gif

Me and my Rush "crew" of old. . .was me and seven or eight guys. All through high school and a good chunk of college as well.

My Rush "crew" is me, myself and I confused13.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 11 2010, 07:21 AM)
I'm bringing the wife and kids (12 & 14 yr old boys) to their first RUSH show in WPB, RUSH's final US show in October. I'm excited, the boys are thrilled but wifey (never a big RUSH fan) has been like, "yeah, I'll go". She's more of a Madonna/Rick Sprinfield kinda gal. wtf.gif

Last night as an introduction, I broke out the RIR dvd and MADE her watch the Boys in Brazil companion. At first she had her arms across her chest and kept checking her watch but then she really got sucked in. After she saw the fan interviews and the girl crying about how much RUSH has touched her life (me getting choked up too), Alex being a total ham and a family guy in bed with his wife at the hotel, the interviews about Neil's dealing with the press (at which point I had to pause the disc and explain the tragedies he suffered) and then watching them jam with her eyes wide open and then images of the crowd just revelling in the show, I have officially paved the way for her to not have a shitty time at the concert. biggrin.gif

She was amazed! She said they seemed like really people and was interested in watching some more! I spent the next hour popping the most "airplay friendly" songs from their DVD concerts and we just had a great time. She is now looking forward to the show!

wow, that was easy.......

QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 11 2010, 09:21 AM)

Note to self.....make wife watch Boys In Brazil very soon. smile.gif

Archived