Last minute tickets

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 14 2010, 10:53 PM)
There are basically two ways to score last-minute tickets:
1) Pay big bucks
2) Win them from a radio station
That's it.

Scalper? confused13.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 23 2010, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 14 2010, 10:53 PM)
1) Pay big bucks
That's it.

Scalper? confused13.gif

I think that would fall under category #1.

I went to PNC in Jersey for a show on I think Roll The Bones tour. The show was sold out but my buddy said they will open the ticket windows a couple hours before the doors open and release a certain amount of tickets. I had never seen this or heard of such a thing. I got in line in front of a closed window and waited at 5:00. People also started waiting as well. Sure enough at 5:30 the window in front of me opened and I would up getting 7th row center. I was amazed.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Jun 9 2010, 04:53 PM)
On the '07 leg, for curiosity's sake, I looked up some tickets for some shows I had no chance of going to (Cleveland I think, I'm in Orlando) and there were some 4th row seats available through ticketmaster. I looked them up a couple of hours before the show.

I seem to to remember some other shows having good seats as well a few hours before show time. But on the other hand there were a couple of shows that didn't have any good seats.

In answer to your question though, I would try a couple of hours before the show. If it comes down to it, you could always buy tickets from scalpers.

I have seen good tickets though from scalpers who sold tickets cheap a few songs into the first set just to get rid of them.

I did the same thing for kicks and grins. And could have scored 4th row geddy's side. But i was on the other side of the country. b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 14 2010, 09:53 PM)
1) Pay big bucks
That's it.

Not quite. I have out of curiousity checked many soldout shows the day the concert has been here in Michigan and have been able to get decent seats.

When I bought front row seats for Rush that were front row and got scammed, I was pulling nosebleeds the day of the show from about 9 am then at around 12pm noon I got fourth row floor alexs side and was pulling 5th row both side, 6th row and 3rd row lower bowl right by the stage.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 23 2010, 10:03 PM)
I went to PNC in Jersey for a show on I think Roll The Bones tour. The show was sold out but my buddy said they will open the ticket windows a couple hours before the doors open and release a certain amount of tickets. I had never seen this or heard of such a thing. I got in line in front of a closed window and waited at 5:00. People also started waiting as well. Sure enough at 5:30 the window in front of me opened and I would up getting 7th row center. I was amazed.

I do the same thing at Madison Square Garden alot.

(Van Halen, Tom Petty, REM all within the first few rows at face value)

It's called the "Stand by" line.

I always end up with great seats.