A comic book movie I'd like to see

I really enjoyed Margot Robbie's portrayal of Harley Quinn in The Suicide Squad.

I'm also looking forward to her Tonya Harding biopic in 2018. It sounds like fun.

While I've never been into comics on the whole, I like some, and loved Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. I know there was a decent b-movie made a few years ago, but I'd like to seek a Guillermo del Toro version... someone who can capture the dark, mystical aspect of the character.
  • Like 1

While I've never been into comics on the whole, I like some, and loved Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. I know there was a decent b-movie made a few years ago, but I'd like to seek a Guillermo del Toro version... someone who can capture the dark, mystical aspect of the character.

There were two Swamp Thing (a DC character) movies: the decent '82 one with Barbeau and the '89 one which wasn't well received. I missed the '89 sequel.

The one you're probably thinking about from a few years ago (maybe 10+ years ago now) was Marvel's MAN-Thing. It wasn't intended to be a trashy B-movie. It just was. I'd put it up there as one of Marvel's worst. IMHO, it's in the ballpark of the pitiful Fantastic Four reboot.

When Man-Thing was screened before a test audience, people walked out. This led it to being nothing more than a straight to DVD release. This is what happens when Marvel doesn't carefully watch over the making of its movies...which is what the Marvel execs admitted what happened.

But it at least showed that Marvel was willing to attempt a horror movie based on one of its characters. I think they should take another crack at horror again. I wouldn't go with Man-Thing though, maybe a character like Werewolf By Night or Morbius. Morbius could be the way to go as he's linked to Spidey. A Spidey cameo or secondary role in a horror film starring Morbius? It could happen. And it should.

http://news.marvel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2016/09/544fe9f7a3632.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9ZrZ8Z2S3Bg/VuDXL3QjpxI/AAAAAAAAUlA/k2cBoOuZ04o/s1600/morbiusbanner.jpg

I was thinking of the 1982 movie with Barbeau; I liked it at the time but my real interest in the Swamp Thing began with the Moore version.

I was thinking of the 1982 movie with Barbeau; I liked it at the time but my real interest in the Swamp Thing began with the Moore version.

Well yeah, Moore's a genius. And his run on Swamp Thing back in the day was good stuff.

I'm not a DC guy but some of their best material was done by Moore: V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Batman: Killing Joke

Loved the Watchmen too. Was also into Frank Miller's Dark Knight. Daredevil too.
  • Like 1