RUSH references and coinsidence...

The_Enemy_Within

So, my friend showed me an episode of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" a few days ago. I've heard of it but never watched a full episode. Anyway, so we picked an episode totally by random, and it was the HUGEST coincidence. So, if you don't know, Mys Sci Theater 3000 is a series where this guy and his "robot friends" or whatever sit down in a theater and make fun of HORRIBLE movies that were made...

So, the movie they watched was "The Final Sacrifice" and it happened to be a Canadian-made film... (bad, bad, bad movie, btw! ugh!) So during the intermission thing they had, the guys were singing a song about how much Canada sucks... but then the main guy said, "...Hey guys, at least they gave us RUSH..." (or something close to that)...then when the movie continued, the two guys in the film were running to a cabin in the middle of the woods, and one of the robots in the audience said, "WE'VE JUST ARRIVED AT THE BIRTH PLACE OF GEDDY LEE!"

I just found it AWESOME that out of the tons and tons of episodes I could've clicked on to watch, I picked the one with RUSH references...

RUSH on laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 3 2010, 04:13 PM)
If you go onto the Power Windows site, you'll find a whole section of Rush references from TV, film and books. If remember correctly, there's a fair few MST3K

Thanks! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 3 2010, 03:48 PM)
I loved Mystery Science Theater 3000. I would ROFL at some of the comments they made about the movies they were watching.

Never knew about the Rush one though....I'm gonna have to find that.

Me too - I loved that show. Missed the Rush ref, though. . .

My favorite ones were when they ripped on those old 60's -era elementary school educational films about manners and hygiene and the like.

Yes, I have seen this episode. See my avatar. tongue.gif

"Rowsdower? Rowsdower?!?!" tongue.gif

One of the greatest MST3K episodes, along with Space Mutiny, Prince of Space, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, too many to mention.

Lots of Rush references throughout the series, including Mike (or Tom Servo?) singing the opening lines of The Trees. cool.gif

Archived