West Palm Beach price... EEEYOUCH!!

QUOTE (roadqueen @ Apr 30 2010, 09:25 AM)
"suck it up you pinch-fisted lick pennies.
The year is 2010, everything costs more these days. Even bringing a date to a movie is a 100 dollar touch if you include dinner and a couple refreshments afterwards. "

wtf.gif

Not all of us are well off enough to not blink at prices these days. moon.gif

I got laid off in Feb 09 & have only found part time work while fighting cancer with no insurance. Some months I wonder if this is the month I'll be homeless cause I can't pay my rent. Paying over $100 for a night out is way out of my reach, but I'll pawn something to buy food this month so I can have that Rush ticket cause I NEED that night of magic!!! wub.gif

I can't imagne being a young man trying to take a lady out for dinner and a movie now. Everything has gone up unless it's your business that's struggling or your paycheck. bsg.gif (I love these little smilies)

I am sympathetic toward your misfortunes, but complaining about ticket prices won't make them any cheaper.

I hope things turn around for you soon.

Best of luck.

QUOTE (briremo @ May 4 2010, 08:09 AM)
I am PISSED! I have been watching the pressale emails since they started showing up and somehow I missed the notification for the WPB/Tampa shows and now I'm screwed. No good seats. confused13.gif

Someone has a single ticket for sale in section 6 which really isn't that bad. Unless you wanted up real close that is the best I have seen.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55315

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Apr 27 2010, 03:11 PM)
ohmy.gif

Did the Citicard presale for Tampa and W Palm and while I can't complain about the seats, the price increase since 2007 for W Palm Beach is ridiculous.

I'm not including the "facility fee" wacko.gif and "Convenience charge" comp26.gif that they tack on, I mean the original ticket price.

Even Tampa went from $76 base price in '07 to $95 this year.. a 25% rise in 3 years, but since Orlando was $95 in '08, it didn't faze me.

But West Palm Beach went from a face value of $72 in 2007 to (drumroll please) $119 this year... a 65% leap in 3 years fing.gif ph34r.gif

Of course I paid up... good old supply and demand wins every time.... they demand everything in my wallet and I supply it doh.gif

If you didn't know, WPB is a "high-rent" district. I'm sure the taxes on that property are ridiculous. It's the greatest band on earth, so why not splurge a little? (boy I'm sounding hypocritical these days. hehe)

BTW, peeps, I was car-jacked in West Palm Beach on Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard off I-95 at the Tank n Tummy gas station while stopping to get directions. I would recommend you DO NOT STOP THERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! The cops said I was lucky to get out of there alive. It is the intersection of pblakes and Tamarind blvd and although west palm is known for it's wealth, that particular location is extremely dangerous. Be cautious. wink.gif

I believe they can generate more money at the WPB show because its the ONLY South Florida show (south of tampa). They have Dade, Broward & Palm Bch RUSH fans all wanting tickets...thats a lot of people wanting tickets to one show. They can charge whatever they wanted and got it. ALL tickets for the 1st 15 rows in sec 1-3 cost $320 unless you got lucky in the pre sale but I doubt it. I was on at 10AM for BOTH the presale and the general public sale and didn't see anything inside the 1st 15 rows. The best I saw were Sec 3 ROW N seats 33-34. I was lucky enough to win a Ticketbastard auction ( you know...when they keep the best seats for themselves and watch fans outbid each other for them) for Sec 2 row L for $240 each...I got lucky. I will be seeing them at Red Rocks also and paid $125 for Row 28 during the presale which is a good price for Red Rocks.

I have always had great luck seeing 2.gif in WPBscoring great seats in the first 5 rows (4th row this time) and I feel the prices are waaaaaay better than Tampas.

I paid 117.00 plus service charges for a total of 143.00 for WPB and couldn't even get close to that for Tampa which I have had good seats for as well, but found this tour any up close seats in the 300.00 range...I'm gonna be waaaay in the back for Tampa and still shelled out close to 100 a copy.

"I am sympathetic toward your misfortunes, but complaining about ticket prices won't make them any cheaper."

Although speaking my mind may never change the world, banghead.gif

it's never going to stop me from speaking!

Actually, I was wondering why people were paying different prices for P1 seats at the same venue, then added my 2 cents where prices were concerned. beathorse.gif

So anyway, cheer.gif common001.gif 653.gif applaudit.gif chickendance.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Here's to not letting the bad crap ruin this event! trink39.gif