Pre-sale Roundup

Ron2112

So.....I got a Citi credit card for the sole purpose of participating in the pre-sale, given that the Amex presales a few years ago always yielded great seats. Well, I needn't have bothered this time around.

Went for the Camden (July 21) pre-sale, and within 30 seconds of the start, all I was pulling were LAWN SEATS!!?!?!?! Quickly switched over to the fan club pre-sale, and ened up with Section 101, Row Q (Geddy's side, about 20 rows back). Not the best seats, I've ever had, but definitely not the worst. Factor in that these were the $90 seats as opposed to the $150 seats (which I couldn't get for some reason -- probably the scalper's reserve), and I think the Fan Club gets the nod this time around.

Will be trying again when Bristow goes on sale. But based on this experience, if you don't have a Citi account, you aren't missing anything.

Peace,

Ron

Based on this, and other threads... it's almost like you just throw your money in the air and hope it lands on a ticket.

This is absurd, with all the various pre-sales that only seem to have crappy seats. Maybe if I buy a lottery ticket and don't win the jackpot... I'll win Rush tickets instead? It's almost that absurd! wacko.gif

I was planning on doing the Citi presale for Bristow, but pretty tentative after reading this. From some postings here, it sounds like the fanclub presales have produced some decent seats, so if they announce one from Bristow perhaps I'll try my hand at that. I just want to buy my tickets already!

Fanclub link:

rush.musictoday.com

As for the comment on seat quality.....I wouldn't call these bad seats. I was playing around after my purchase and found seats 7 rows closer than mive, which would be 13 or 14 rows from the stage. I would be very happy with those as well.

If your point is with respect to fans deserving the premium seats, then yes, I agree. But I'm not sure how much control the band has over that. I suspect LiveNation has a lot more to do with that than does Rush.

Peace,

Ron

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 20 2010, 09:38 AM)
I was planning on doing the Citi presale for Bristow, but pretty tentative after reading this. From some postings here, it sounds like the fanclub presales have produced some decent seats, so if they announce one from Bristow perhaps I'll try my hand at that. I just want to buy my tickets already!

Bristow is my hometown gig, and the fan club pre-sales have always given me the best seats, including 12th row center on the SnA 2007 tour.

And all things considered, it's still better than camping out at Hecht's at 2:00 AM, praying to just get into the arena (a la the GUP tour ticket-buying experience).

Peace,

Ron

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Apr 20 2010, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 20 2010, 09:38 AM)
I was planning on doing the Citi presale for Bristow, but pretty tentative after reading this.  From some postings here, it sounds like the fanclub presales have produced some decent seats, so if they announce one from Bristow perhaps I'll try my hand at that.  I just want to buy my tickets already!

Bristow is my hometown gig, and the fan club pre-sales have always given me the best seats, including 12th row center on the SnA 2007 tour.

And all things considered, it's still better than camping out at Hecht's at 2:00 AM, praying to just get into the arena (a la the GUP tour ticket-buying experience).

Peace,

Ron

Ha- very true! We'll lets see how it goes...will let you know how i do...

I just got tickets for the St.Louis show through the Citi presale. I had to dump a bunch of selections as the first load that came in were terrible... I wasn't looking for the best floor seats, just the best in my price range. I got 7 row, second level center. So I'm pretty happy.

Matt

I had to go with the VIP package and pay for all the swag that comes with the ticket, but for St. louis it was the only way to get a floor seat. The package garentees a seat in the first 15 rows and there are only 18 rows on the "floor" area at the ampitheater! So do the math! tempted.gif

waffen093.gif It sucks!

Sure I think it's a high price to pay for a ticket, but I look at it as paying for all the swag added to the ticket and it's about even if you are buying these items at the show. (Plus the poster and one CD are not available for retail sale - nice collectors' items!)

And the results this morning were well worth it for me!!! yes.gif

Row D seat 129 - DEAD CENTER!!!!

Best seat I ever had!! 1022.gif 1022.gif common001.gif cheer.gif bncegrn.gif 653.gif applaudit.gif nasty.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif