What would Alex or Geddy Do...

Ok. Your Ged or AL, pick one...

It's a muggy night, and your deep into the middle of a show at some ampitheater in a hot humid part of the US.

Your playing is on fire and show is just feeling awesome so far.

Your just passing the chorus of a key song, and about to rip into the solo, and your really feeling it...say.. 'Freewill' for example.

But just before your q, a giant, thirsty looking mosquito lands on your forearm and begins to setup for a bite...

Do you risk delaying the solo and sounding clunky, with a smack to your arm?

Do you passionately wail out the solo in perfect time and try not to notice it?

Do you continue on and try to scrape it off on the side of neil's drum kit?

This has to happen..

I wonder how many times there playing a show and looking all the part,,,, but they totally have an itch there just dying to scratch...

Or maybe they suddenly gotta wiz... there human, its gotta happen..

Well, it's a bizarre topic but Neil has specifically commented on having to play on through after the pyro caused hundreds or thousands of spiders to fall from the rafters all over him. He said he's even been bitten and kept on playing. I haven't looked in a while to see if it's still there but there was a video on Rush.com called The Great Spider Cookoff that talked about that very thing.

QUOTE (red sector animal @ Apr 16 2010, 09:05 PM)
Ok. Your Ged or AL, pick one...

It's a muggy night, and your deep into the middle of a show at some ampitheater in a hot humid part of the US.

Your playing is on fire and show is just feeling awesome so far.

Your just passing the chorus of a key song, and about to rip into the solo, and your really feeling it...say.. 'Freewill' for example.

But just before your q, a giant, thirsty looking mosquito lands on your forearm and begins to setup for a bite...

Do you risk delaying the solo and sounding clunky, with a smack to your arm?

Do you passionately wail out the solo in perfect time and try not to notice it?

Do you continue on and try to scrape it off on the side of neil's drum kit?

This has to happen..

I wonder how many times there playing a show and looking all the part,,,, but they totally have an itch there just dying to scratch...
Or maybe they suddenly gotta wiz... there human, its gotta happen..

To the best of my recollection, at R30 in Atlanta during the acoustic part, Geddy was repeatedly ducking and shooing away the bugs, finally inhaling one. Can't remember if they stopped during the song, but seem to remember Geddy saying ... y'all have really good bugs in Atlanta or Georgia or something similar. There's a bootleg of the show called Good Bugs in Georgia which I would really love to have a copy of - if anyone can help???

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 16 2010, 10:34 PM)
Well, it's a bizarre topic but Neil has specifically commented on having to play on through after the pyro caused hundreds or thousands of spiders to fall from the rafters all over him. He said he's even been bitten and kept on playing. I haven't looked in a while to see if it's still there but there was a video on Rush.com called The Great Spider Cookoff that talked about that very thing.

Just watched it. Cool video!