Australian Tour?? Hmmm....

rct63

smile.gif Hey welcome to The Rush Forum and I hope that you enjoy it here because it's the best RUSH board on the internet. I am one of Australia's biggest RUSH fans and I would like nothing better than to see them tour our shores before they call it a day. There have been a few petitions to try to get the boys out here and there seems to be more Aussie fans coming out of the woodworks so you never know. wink.gif Say where are you from rct63. trink39.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2010, 09:50 PM)
for this go around i'd say there's no chance.
how big is the rush fan base in australia?

Extremely limited I'm afraid. Mainly the odd muso here and there, but that's about it. They only hope an Aussie fan has of seeing them is going on a 14 hour plane ride. Which, hopefully, is what I'll be doing in August.

Im from Perth, WA and have bought tix to SPAC, Wantagh and getting on for the Philadelphia show too...

Its been fifteen years! dream come true-

I dont think they'll ever come to Aus. It took them 30 odd years just to make it to South America!

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 18 2010, 04:35 AM)
Here is a petition for the to tour Australia back in 2007.
http://www.petitiononline.com/YYZ2112/

Hmmmmm, not sure if 462 signatures is good or bad.

b_sigh.gif Here we go again - no need to rub it in.

QUOTE (yyz2112 @ Apr 18 2010, 04:04 AM)
Im from Perth, WA and have bought tix to SPAC, Wantagh and getting on for the Philadelphia show too...

Its been fifteen years! dream come true-

I dont think they'll ever come to Aus. It took them 30 odd years just to make it to South America!

Welcome fellow aussie to TRF - the best place to be a member of a rush fan site that's for sure. I see that you are off to SPAC this tour and this is such a great venue to see a show. I have very fond memories of this venue as I saw RUSH there back in 08 for MY first show ever and it was an awesome experience - enjoy. trink39.gif yes.gif bekloppt.gif

I think one of the biggest mistakes in the career of Rush is to not paying a trip to Australia and New Zealand. They deserve some shows! Maybe 2011 will be your year! I hope so. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Apr 19 2010, 07:02 AM)
Here we go again. read my lips...THEY WILL NEVER TOUR AUSTRALIA.

They sell 3 cds a year in Australia. Why would they go?

Bullshit post!

How would you know how many fans they have over there? You got stats?

Dream Theater plays there. Surely Rush has more fans there then Dream Theater?

If they played Australia, the venues would surely be full. yes.gif

Edited by tick

I think the level of success they have had in N. America and Europe would not justify them flying all the way to Australia to play in smallish venues to the few devoted fans they have over here.

Knowing Rush fans as I do, we deserve a tour, but you couldn't really expect them to...

I was watching a repeat of 'Countdown' (classic Aussie popular music show in the 70's and 80's) on TV a while ago and Molly Meldrum was discussing new records, as he always did. He flips over the 'Moving Pictures' LP and says something like 'these guys are gonna be huge' and they would be touring Aus later that year.

Never happened sad.gif

They did become huge though!

QUOTE (different strings @ Apr 18 2010, 05:43 AM)
QUOTE (yyz2112 @ Apr 18 2010, 04:04 AM)

Its been fifteen years!  dream come true-

I dont think they'll ever come to Aus.  It took them 30 odd years just to make it to South America!

Welcome fellow aussie to TRF - the best place to be a member of a rush fan site that's for sure. I see that you are off to SPAC this tour and this is such a great venue to see a show. I have very fond memories of this venue as I saw RUSH there back in 08 for MY first show ever and it was an awesome experience - enjoy. trink39.gif yes.gif bekloppt.gif

hey cool, I chose SPAC as a venue because it looked like it would have the best sound from the areas I'm going to be around. I hear Wantagh and Philadelphia might not be that good for acoustics...can you comment?

QUOTE (yyz2112 @ Apr 20 2010, 03:25 PM)
I was watching a repeat of 'Countdown' (classic Aussie popular music show in the 70's and 80's) on TV a while ago and Molly Meldrum was discussing new records, as he always did. He flips over the 'Moving Pictures' LP and says something like 'these guys are gonna be huge' and they would be touring Aus later that year.

Never happened sad.gif

They did become huge though!

Really ?!? Is this true ???

I would never have thought old Molly would acknowledge a band like Rush, but i'm glad to hear he did 653.gif

A tour down here will never happen i'm afraid to say ... it'd cost them way too much to bring the whole shebang down here sad.gif I'd be happy for them just to come down here for a holiday ... to see what the country is like.

Maybe then they'd reconsider a tour tongue.gif

Bullshit post!

This post has been edited by tick on Apr 19 2010, 07:10 AM

You are all class arn't you?

Rush has never been played on the radio. I've heard it twice, both on specials, in 30 years. Rush has never ever appeared on album charts in Australia, not even in the top 100. No one knows who they are. The is a tiny music market with almost no support for hard rock at all.

I once saw a Rush cover band in Melbourne (that had to accept no money to get a gig) and there were 20 people there.

If they struggle to make enough money to make it worth touring South America how could they possibly break even in OZ?

Finally look at itunes Australia, not even enough ratings to display stars for Snakes and Arrows.

So are you being delusional or just a d*ckhead?

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Apr 20 2010, 09:06 PM)

Bullshit post!

Rush has never been played on the radio. I've heard it twice, both on specials, in 30 years. Rush has never ever appeared on album charts in Australia, not even in the top 100. No one knows who they are. The is a tiny music market with almost no support for hard rock at all.

I once saw a Rush cover band in Melbourne (that had to accept no money to get a gig) and there were 20 people there.

If they struggle to make enough money to make it worth touring South America how could they possibly break even in OZ?

Finally look at itunes Australia, not even enough ratings to display stars for Snakes and Arrows.

Gerxt You are being the dickhead here. Ok we admit it and now accept that RUSH will almost definitely never play in Australia but quit rubbing in these so called stats of yours and Tick is right they should play here.

Edited by different strings

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Apr 20 2010, 06:06 AM)

Bullshit post!

Your the f***ing dickhead! Your just starting shit!

You think bands don't make trips to Australia? As I said Dream Theater goes there and I'm sure there not that widely known? If Rush played there, people would go.

Remember who posted in a thread just to stir up shit! YOU DID!!!

Edited by tick

If they played in Australia they'd also get the En Zed fanbase there as well. I'm sure not a few Rush fans in the US and Europe would use this as an excuse to take an Australian vacation, cost be damned.

The tough part is the logistics, of course. Shipping everything there and back is just cost-prohibitive. They'd need to figure out a way to scale down the production somewhat without affecting the overall quality of the performance to a noticeable extent.