Moving Pictures

MMCXII

Playing the whole album too early in the show would kill the momentum or make the audience just leave if thats all they had come to see. Keep the crowd wanting more and thats part of the reason why the S&A tour's second set was flat with so many new songs after a huge moment of adrenaline with Far Cry.

I think it should start somewhere in the middle of the second set. YYZ should have the drum solo obviously and it just makes complete sense. Neil would need some time to rest, so Hope could be played or Alex could noodle around on the acoustic guitar some. Then Limelight and end the second set with Vital Signs.

Open the second set with Spirit of Radio to keep the momentum going and then wisely sprinkle in standards/hits through out the first set and start of the second set to keep the crowd interested.

QUOTE (nealpert @ Apr 9 2010, 02:01 PM)
I think side 1 would be good for ending the first Set. then at the end of LL have a video of the record (vinyl) ending on a turntable with that guy in the R30 video falling asleep to it. The video keeps running through the intermission with MP vinyl with the stylus in the runout. Then when intermission is over they show the guy having a weird dream and making alot of noise ( to let everyone know intermisson is over) then wake up and flip the record over and voila! set 2. Have the video set in 1981 of course. a bong in the background, rush posters all over from the era Etc.

i love this idea

QUOTE (quickfree @ Apr 9 2010, 03:46 PM)
YYZ should have the drum solo obviously and it just makes complete sense. Neil would need some time to rest, so Hope could be played or Alex could noodle around on the acoustic guitar some. Then Limelight and end the second set with Vital Signs.

I agree it should be in the 2nd set to avoid the let-down of having it too early.

But if they're presenting this as "Moving Pictures in its entirety" then I would say YYZ should not have a drum solo in it, as there was no drum solo on the album. Just my personal opinion 2.gif

I think it would be tough for Neil to pull off Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ with Drum Solo, and Limelight all back-to-back.

And I do think they'll play all of MP together in the album order.

So, I think the drum solo will probably not happen during YYZ.

Also, they might start off set two with MP, so that Neil can play TS, RB, YYZ, and L fresh off of the break, with another mini-break during the CE intro.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:04 AM)
maybe Geddy will wear the blue sweatsuit, red socks and giant glasses he wore in the MP videos.

HAHAHAHA dude I almost spit my chili out, that was hilarious! laugh.gif

Don't forget the bongos to lean on while he sings!

so many things to be excited for on this tour; new songs, rarities, and Moving Pictures in its entirety common001.gif

id expect Moving Pictures to open either set, makes more sense to have it open the 2nd set. Since the album is the "featured" part of the set, theyll save it for a while and build anticipation. Tom Sawyer opening after intermission will be a shot of energy and get the place ready for the home stretch of the show