Best ERIC WOOLFSON vocals...

H. P. L.

Just pick your favourite song sung by Eric Woolfson.  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Just pick your favourite song sung by Eric Woolfson.

• 1. The Raven (quiet bit before final chorus)
    • 2. Time
    • 3. Nothing left to loose
    • 4. Eye in the Sky
    • 5. Silence and I
    • 6. Prime Time
    • 7. Ammonia Avenue
    • 8. Same Old Sun
    • 9. Stereotomy (last bit)
    • 10. La Sagrada Familia (last bit)
    • 11. Closer to Heaven
    • 12. Freudiana
    • 13. Nora
    • 14. No one can love you better than me (bridge)

I'm so glad to see some love for the Project here lately... I wanted to put out this poll last week, but I feared it would sink into oblivion sooner than you can say "The Turn of a Friendly Card". biggrin.gif

OK, this is a nerdy one but I hope it gets some responses. I am including even snippets and shared vocals, since _even they_ are so good, but living out the most "poppy" songs like "Sooner or later" or "One good reason" since I can't imagine why Eric bothered to sing those stinkers.

Anyway, what is your favourite?

I'm torn between Silence and I, Closer to Heaven and Ammonia Avenue... I'll vote later...

I mentioned this on the "Tales" thread I created a few weeks ago, but do you have that Woolfson solo album called "POE: More Tales And Mysteries Of The Imagination?"

GET IT!!

When you hear Eric sing at the end of the song "Immortal" you will get goosebumps and chills.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 01:25 PM)
DUDE!!!

I'm glad I was able to influence you to write this awesome poll but you forgot my favorite Eric Woofson song!!!!!!!

I want this song to be played at my funeral!

"OLD AND WISE"

Wise ????

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 26 2010, 11:31 AM)
DUDE!!!

I'm glad I was able to influence you to write this awesome poll but you forgot my favorite Eric Woofson song!!!!!!!

"OLD AND WISE"

Wise ????

laugh.gif

Dumb and Dumber?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 26 2010, 11:31 AM)
DUDE!!!

"OLD AND WISE"

Wise ????

laugh.gif

Dumb and Dumber?

tongue.gif

1022.gif

Man, on a more dreary note, I just found out that they did indeed play "Old And Wise" at Eric's funeral.

Damn, it's a given I suppose. Too bad when this song is played at my funeral I won't be able to hear it.

FUNERAL = REAL FUN?

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 08:25 PM)
DUDE!!!

"OLD AND WISE"

"Old and Wise" is sung by Colin Blunstone, not Eric. biggrin.gif

Probably the second greatest Project vocalist. although he shares the second place with the great John Miles.

That said, Old and WIse is a great, great song. Maybe it's been overplayed by radios, but if you listen to it with fresh ears, it's pure epic.

I didn't know they played it at his funeral. Fitting, indeed.

I've made my choice with "Closer to Heaven", purely on the beauty of the vocal track. "Same old sun" close second. As per songwriting and arrangement, nothing beats "Silence and I". Thanks Andrew Powell.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 08:29 PM)
I mentioned this on the "Tales" thread I created a few weeks ago, but do you have that Woolfson solo album called "POE: More Tales And Mysteries Of The Imagination?"

GET IT!!

When you hear Eric sing at the end of the song "Immortal" you will get goosebumps and chills.

Of course I have it, but I believe "Immortal" is sung by Steve Balsamo.

May I return the favour and suggest "The Alan Parsons Project that Never Was", a collection of rejected Project tracks all sung by Eric. The best song on it is "I can see round corner".

And also there's a version of "Immortal" sung by Eric.

Since it seems it passed under everyone's radar, if you want more musical Poe try "The Fall of the House of Usher" by Peter Hammill, a sort of modern opera based on the short tale. You won't be disappointed!

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Mar 28 2010, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 08:25 PM)
DUDE!!!

"OLD AND WISE"

"Old and Wise" is sung by Colin Blunstone, not Eric. biggrin.gif

Probably the second greatest Project vocalist. although he shares the second place with the great John Miles.

That said, Old and WIse is a great, great song. Maybe it's been overplayed by radios, but if you listen to it with fresh ears, it's pure epic.

I didn't know they played it at his funeral. Fitting, indeed.

I've made my choice with "Closer to Heaven", purely on the beauty of the vocal track. "Same old sun" close second. As per songwriting and arrangement, nothing beats "Silence and I". Thanks Andrew Powell.

Damn dude! Then they sound so similar. Thanks for the clarification!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Mar 28 2010, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 08:29 PM)
I mentioned this on the "Tales" thread I created a few weeks ago, but do you have that Woolfson solo album called "POE:  More Tales And Mysteries Of The Imagination?"

GET IT!!

Of course I have it, but I believe "Immortal" is sung by Steve Balsamo.

May I return the favour and suggest "The Alan Parsons Project that Never Was", a collection of rejected Project tracks all sung by Eric. The best song on it is "I can see round corner".

And also there's a version of "Immortal" sung by Eric.

Since it seems it passed under everyone's radar, if you want more musical Poe try "The Fall of the House of Usher" by Peter Hammill, a sort of modern opera based on the short tale. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks bud! I have never heard of that album!

I am on it!!

1287.gif

Archived