-the pass

-scars

-animate (not slowed down!!!)

-cold fire

-driven

-we hold on

-mal-nar

-the main monkey biz

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Mar 5 2010, 01:07 PM)
Dog Years, so i can go get a beer.

ya then you'll have to piss by the time jacob's ladder comes on...

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Mar 5 2010, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 5 2010, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2010, 09:46 AM)
Beneath Between & Beyond
The Weapon

yes, the weapon. 3d glasses are optional. cool.gif

mandatory actually cool.gif

Weird how no one had mentioned Count Floyd yet in this thread. tongue.gif

Also:

-The Weapon

-Lock and Key (1022.gif KILLER INSTINCT 1022.gif)

-War Paint

-Stick It Out

-Cygnus

-A Farewell to Kings

-Circumstances

-Chemistry

-Hand Over Fist ( 1022.gif PAPER TO THE BONE 1022.gif )

-anything else i forgot

-Batman Themesong

thats pretty much my setlist wishlist...

I think at this point the set lists are turning into songs that are easier for the boys to play, especially Neil.

I honestly believe that when they are discussing possible songs, one of the first questions they ask is are they physically able to perform it anymore.

In my opinion, Geddy's vocals have really gone downhill the last few tours. There are moments on S&A live that Ged is painful to listen to.

Also, while I am posting.. is there anyone else who think the whole "Rush performing at the Olympics" was nothing but a rumor out of control? In hindsight, I'm wondering if they were even invited - yet somehow it snowballed.. to the point where it was reported Ged and Alex were allegedly seen backstage at opening ceremonies. I don't think any of it ever happened, including the initial invite. Interesting how that got going.

QUOTE (GANRUSH2 @ Mar 7 2010, 04:09 PM)
I think at this point the set lists are turning into songs that are easier for the boys to play, especially Neil.

I honestly believe that when they are discussing possible songs, one of the first questions they ask is are they physically able to perform it anymore.

In my opinion, Geddy's vocals have really gone downhill the last few tours. There are moments on S&A live that Ged is painful to listen to.

Also, while I am posting.. is there anyone else who think the whole "Rush performing at the Olympics" was nothing but a rumor out of control? In hindsight, I'm wondering if they were even invited - yet somehow it snowballed.. to the point where it was reported Ged and Alex were allegedly seen backstage at opening ceremonies. I don't think any of it ever happened, including the initial invite. Interesting how that got going.

i don't really get too picky with his voice when on tour. the music is so friggin loud at a concert that you can barely make out the vocals anyway. i say geddy should sing at a lower volume this way we have a chance of hearing tunes like something for nothing.

I agree. I don't think Neil even practices anymore when he is not getting ready to go out on the road. I doubt he ever practices old songs like Fountain Of Lamneth or Cygnus X-1 Book II Hemispheres.

I know he does not have to practice these songs, but one wonders how long is has been since he has actually played them. Personally, I think it would do him some good. smile.gif

I think the best shot of hearing Geddy sound good would be to see them during the first half of the tour. The material is still fresh for them, and they're still full of energy. By the end of the tour, they're tired and I would assume sick of playing the same damn songs over and over again for months on end. The show I saw in 07 in Irvine was amazing... Geddy sounded perfect. The 08 show wasn't quite as good, and on the Atlanta bootlegs we got on the S&A DVD he sounds HORRIBLE, which is understandable considering they were at the end of a 2-year stretch.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 7 2010, 07:22 PM)

I think the best shot of hearing Geddy sound good would be to see them during the first half of the tour. The material is still fresh for them, and they're still full of energy. By the end of the tour, they're tired and I would assume sick of playing the same damn songs over and over again for months on end. The show I saw in 07 in Irvine was amazing... Geddy sounded perfect. The 08 show wasn't quite as good, and on the Atlanta bootlegs we got on the S&A DVD he sounds HORRIBLE, which is understandable considering they were at the end of a 2-year stretch.

i agree, he sounds terrible on red barchetta on the atlanta bootleg. they should change the setlist a bit like every 3 shows or something like that. at least put the songs in different orders, imo. confused13.gif

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Mar 7 2010, 06:04 PM)
well, the thing that matters right now is if he will be playing in the near future. you know how the guys have said that neil is the only one that rehearses for their rehearsals. hopefully hes rehearsing right now. NeilFinal.gif

Yeah, I know. You are right. It is great that he does that, but I think he should practice not just for the band rehearsals but for himself.

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Mar 7 2010, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 7 2010, 07:22 PM)

i agree, he sounds terrible on red barchetta on the atlanta bootleg. they should change the setlist a bit like every 3 shows or something like that. at least put the songs in different orders, imo. confused13.gif

there is no way they are going to change the setlist that much. with all the videos and technical stuff that goes on, that would be a nightmare.

i honestly don't know what to believe anymore. they are still making some decent music but are out of the their prime, but many on here talk like they are coming off the signals tour. there will be screw ups. they're not spring chickens anymore. if geddy can't sing the tune, i don't care, sing it lower so it doesn't strain his voice. as long as they are cranking out the music, we'll get the drift.

Archived