Happy Rush Songs

Shirley

I love Limelight, but I'm surprised to see it listed so many times when the OP asked for "happy Rush songs". While certainly not a downer, I don't see it as a "happy" song, what with all the "can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend" stuff.

Someone even listed "Freewill"! Hey, Freewill is a great song, but not what I would necessarily consider a "hapoy song" ("genetic blends, with uncertain ends, on a fortune hunt that's far too fleet"?). Not a depressing song certainly. Profound? Yes. But happy? Hmmm.... The guitar solo and melody have an uplifting vibe but the lyrics are not really best described as "happy".

Take A Friend is a happy song, as is Making Memories.

Cinderella Man possibly.

Yeah, I'm not getting "happy" or "cheerful" out of the vast majority of picks on this thread. There's plenty of Rush songs with uplifting, energizing lyrics/music, but there aren't too many that are actually happy/cheerful. The Spirit of Radio has a lot of positive vibes, but "glittering prizes and endless compromises..." I get a huge rush of adrenaline from Dreamline, but "learning that we're only immortal for a limited time" is kind of a bummer. Kid Gloves has been mentioned a few times, but The Enemy Within is really the only uplifting song on GUP despite the minor key chord progressions and dark imagery in the verses.

Don't recall if Countdown or Tai Shan have been mentioned yet, but even though they're probably not most peoples' go-to songs, they do give-off postive, uplifting vibes lyrically.

Edited by malnar