Jack Bauer vs. Jethro Gibbs

Mara

Who's the bigger badass?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the bigger badass?

• Jack Bauer
    • Jethro Gibbs

Both are highly trained in anti-terrorism. Both have personal "issues" and a definite independent, rebellious streak. Gibbs has military experience, including sniper training; Bauer does not.

If you were a terrorist, who would you be more afraid of?

Jack. Period.

Just a quick youtube search of Jethro Gibbs reveals mostly a few videos made my female fans, involving scenes of Mark Harmon thinking thru situations or pulling his gun on someone.

A youtube search of Jack Bauer reveals thousands of guy made videos of him kicking the crap out of anything that breathes.

I could not find a montage video of Jethro Gibbs giving it to a bunch of terrorists.

Here is a good montage of Jack Bauer kills.

Enjoy!

Gibbs is a freaking Marine Sniper, who can give you a third eye in the middle of your forehead at 2,000 yards.

He is much more a believable character on a MUCH more believable show than 24. I like Kiefer as an actor, but that show is ridiculous in the extreme.

I gave 24 a trial, and I hated it. And no, Gibbs is not like McGarrett at all, McGarrett was much more of a hardass.

Maybe if we were talking about the Season 1 or Season 2 Bauer, I'd give him the edge.

Right now it goes to Gibbs. Thanks to his Marine tactical training, you'll never know he's there until his gun is against your temple.

I respect your opinions. But did you all even look at the video? Being a marine sniper doesn't do much for you in hand to hand combat. Season's 1 and 2 of 24 were the lowest number of kills Jack had. Watch the link. You will also see Jack doing a lot of sniping. Gibbs looks like a Boy Scout---scratch that--Cub Scout next to Sutherland's Bauer. Bauer had 224 kills as of the making of the clip, and they were not even complete within the series to date. Find some clips that show me anything Gibbs has done that would be more violent that an old man trying to send his soup back in a deli and then we can talk! tongue.gif

You know what? I love them both, but Mitch Rapp (see TTP) would have them both pissing their undies.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jan 28 2010, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 28 2010, 04:26 PM)
You know what?  I love them both, but Mitch Rapp (see TTP) would have them both pissing their undies.

Mitch Rapp???

I gotta look this guy up!

Oh yes...Vince Flynn! I have heard his books were good. I haven't read any of them yet but I will have to now that you have pointed out who he is and what he does. I think I would enjoy them. Thanks Mara!

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jan 28 2010, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Jan 28 2010, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 28 2010, 04:26 PM)
You know what?  I love them both, but Mitch Rapp (see TTP) would have them both pissing their undies.

Mitch Rapp???

I gotta look this guy up!

Oh yes...Vince Flynn! I have heard his books were good. I haven't read any of them yet but I will have to now that you have pointed out who he is and what he does. I think I would enjoy them. Thanks Mara!

You will love them! I recommend reading them in order, although each book does stand alone quite well.

Evidently there's to be a movie - Snowdog found it on Flynn's website.