By-Tor & The Snow Dog vs Necromancer

Rushman14

Which is the better epic featuring our favorite Prince O Darkness  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better epic featuring our favorite Prince O Darkness

• By-Tor & The Snow Dog
    • Necromancer
    • I choose not to decide

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 25 2009, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Nov 25 2009, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 24 2009, 06:32 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 23 2009, 04:02 PM)
I agree with the sentiments of others.....the high points of The Necromancer are far far better than any points of By-Tor, but the low points of Necromancer are painful, namely the silly and corny narration (What were they thinking???)

But Alex's guitar work on Necromancer is truly awesome

I probably agree with you. I say probably because it's just been so long since I've listened to The Necromancer. I do remember some parts of that song being truly awesome, but it all has to do with the threshold of how much unbearable parts of a song interfere with your enjoyment of an entire song.

For me the song (like the rap section of RTB) is ruined by the parts I don't like, which are too prominent to ignore. To listen to the song in a cut and paste fashion, meaning to fast forward past the parts I don't like, not only seems too labor intensive, but a bit silly. Either the song works or it doesn't.

So while you might be right about the non-narration parts of the song being much cooler than the somewhat lyrically clunky (but still great) By-Tor, The Necromancer still loses because I simply won't listen to it.

What were they thinking? Probably trying to create mood or atmosphere to draw the listener in. As far as Roll The Bones, it's again just a bit of fun that lots of fans make too much of. I hate rap, but i can still dig what they did there.

I understand the mood and atmosphere thing, but I have to like the way they did it, and I don't. It was a failed experiment that ruined the song, much like the RTB rap ruins that song. Are you trying to convince me to suddenly like those parts and have it not ruin the song for me? If so, good luck. tongue.gif

Hey hippie, don't be so "narrow minded"! unsure.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 25 2009, 06:16 PM)
I agree with the sentiments of others.....the high points of The Necromancer are far far better than any points of By-Tor, but the low points of Necromancer are painful, namely the silly and corny narration (What were they thinking???)

I probably agree with you. I say probably because it's just been so long since I've listened to The Necromancer. I do remember some parts of that song being truly awesome, but it all has to do with the threshold of how much unbearable parts of a song interfere with your enjoyment of an entire song.

For me the song (like the rap section of RTB) is ruined by the parts I don't like, which are too prominent to ignore. To listen to the song in a cut and paste fashion, meaning to fast forward past the parts I don't like, not only seems too labor intensive, but a bit silly. Either the song works or it doesn't.

So while you might be right about the non-narration parts of the song being much cooler than the somewhat lyrically clunky (but still great) By-Tor, The Necromancer still loses because I simply won't listen to it.

What were they thinking? Probably trying to create mood or atmosphere to draw the listener in. As far as Roll The Bones, it's again just a bit of fun that lots of fans make too much of. I hate rap, but i can still dig what they did there.

I understand the mood and atmosphere thing, but I have to like the way they did it, and I don't. It was a failed experiment that ruined the song, much like the RTB rap ruins that song. Are you trying to convince me to suddenly like those parts and have it not ruin the song for me? If so, good luck. tongue.gif

laugh.gif Is it narrow minded not to like something?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 25 2009, 05:14 PM)

tongue.gif Hippies love everything, remember? unsure.gif All you need is love!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 25 2009, 04:38 PM)

No just be a little more open-minded so you will realize they were experiments that enhanced the songs

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Nov 25 2009, 10:27 PM)

No just be a little more open-minded so you will realize they were experiments that enhanced the songs

I like their experiments. That's why Rush is different...the best! yes.gif

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Nov 25 2009, 08:27 PM)

Dude, I DO NOT LIKE THOSE SONGS - deal with it, live it, learn it, love it - nothing to do with open-mindedness - you don't hear me trying to convince you not to like them, do you? If you enjoy The Necromancer and RTB, that's great.

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 25 2009, 07:21 PM)

tongue.gif Hippies love everything, remember? unsure.gif All you need is love!! biggrin.gif

Who told you that's the way things worked, the hippie fairy? I can still be a hippie and be an opinionated bastard at the same time. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 26 2009, 06:05 AM)

Who told you that's the way things worked, the hippie fairy? I can still be a hippie and be an opinionated bastard at the same time. tongue.gif

laugh.gif So the "love everything" is a myth! rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 26 2009, 10:04 AM)

Dude, I DO NOT LIKE THOSE SONGS - deal with it, live it, learn it, love it - nothing to do with open-mindedness - you don't hear me trying to convince you not to like them, do you? If you enjoy The Necromancer and RTB, that's great.

Goobs, ive discussed it with some of the other members, and if you dont start liking these songs, we will have to revoke your membership. Sorry.

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 26 2009, 01:51 PM)

No, that was just part of the definition of hippie in your mind. When have I ever on this board demonstrated that I love everything? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 26 2009, 06:03 PM)

Goobs, ive discussed it with some of the other members, and if you dont start liking these songs, we will have to revoke your membership. Sorry.

Uh oh. Ok, I love the songs now... unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 26 2009, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 26 2009, 06:03 PM)

Uh oh. Ok, I love the songs now... unsure.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 26 2009, 06:39 PM)

No, that was just part of the definition of hippie in your mind. When have I ever on this board demonstrated that I love everything? tongue.gif

laugh.gif So then we must assume that your a "hippie wanna be" rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 27 2009, 04:30 PM)

laugh.gif So then we must assume that your a "hippie wanna be" rofl3.gif tongue.gif

Hey man, you can assume whatever you want. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 27 2009, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 27 2009, 04:30 PM)

Hey man, you can assume whatever you want. tongue.gif

I have assumed control! laugh.gif 653.gif 2.gif

Archived