Rush in their prime

Xanadoood

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Oct 16 2009, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Oct 15 2009, 10:38 PM)
Here's what I think. My first concert was Rush during the Presto tour when I was 16. They've been my favorite band ever since and I've seen them every tour since. The 'Vapor Trails' tour blew me away. I couldn't even describe that show in words after the show, and to think I was skeptical about even going until my little sis talked me into it at the last minute. They sounded great and didn't miss a beat, and the set-list was more than I could have imagined. They played with a ferocity I've never witnessed or heard before and probably never will again. I can't explain it, but that's the show I will never forget. Ever. This band has no "peak" as far as I'm concerned.

you're little sister had to talk you into seeing rush?!?!? wacko.gif

I deserved that. Damn it! I thought I was posting a cool comment and got shot down. I still went though. It was not a good time for me then. I forgot how ruthless you people can be! biggrin.gif That's cool though because there really is no excuse for something like missing a Rush show. laugh.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a good honest topic. I'd agree with many of you in saying that PeW started the prime but I don't think it ended until after HYF. Whether you're a fan of the 80's Rush style or not the musical growth cannot be disputed. They were firing on all 8.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Oct 23 2009, 04:48 AM)
QUOTE (Overlord_Leon @ Oct 23 2009, 12:39 AM)
Roughly 1974-2007, I'd say...

goodpost.gif

Hey Zanadoo!

I like your "Choke" sig. "Choke Is It."

I can see the Angels winning Game 6, but they won't beat Sabathia in Game 7.

Well, I'm mostly a fan of what I call the "Phase 1 period" of their long career, which I percieve as being categorized into a total of 4 phases/periods. Basically you could loosely equate these periods to each decade they've been together. I mostly listen to everything from the first album through and including "Exit Stage Left", which only makes sense that my favorite Rush albums are from this period. Therefore, my opinion in response to this thread would be as mentioned above. I just think that period was the "true" or "pure" or "original" Rush in their prime. The music they created then has a purity to it that came from within themselves. Where in the 80's (Phase 2) they needed (forced?? meh, don't like that word) to adjust to the times and create a music style influenced by outside forces on their creativity to fit in with the era. Don't know if my point comes through at all in how I worded it here....but I think so. I would like to state, however, that I find their (what I call) "comeback" period of the late 90's to the present is a close second.

Archived