Nhl 2009-2010

Der Trommler

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 11 2010, 01:07 AM)
QUOTE (silver @ Mar 11 2010, 12:55 AM)
watched the end of the Canucks and Coyotes.  The shootout was killer.  Phoenix finishes it off.

Yeah, lots of goals for a shootout. ohmy.gif

Ya it was a nail biter... not really happy with the result tho. I think the Nucks should have won, they had way more scoring chances and were clearly the better team last night.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 11 2010, 12:11 PM)
Savard could be out for the rest of the season. Cooke should pay.

I think he will pay. Ha...I'm not even a fan of those two teams, but I am hoping that game is shown around here so I can watch it.

I'll bet there are alot of Bruins licking their chops, and they should. I'm not always one for retribution, but the NHL clearly dropped the ball on this situation, and anything that happens in that next game...well, it's on the hands of the NHL.

Also, I find it funny.

First off...I'm obviously a HABS fan. With that said, I really don't care for Maxim Lapierre. The guy bothers me, and quite frankly, embarrasses our team with his sh*t-disturbing ways, followed by him cowering away from any potential fight against a big opponent.

With that said, I still find it ludicrous that he got 4 (FOUR) games for that little shot on Nichol about 5-6 feet from the boards, and Cooke gets nothing for a blatant headshot to Savard.

Let's look at this:

Savard = Bruins BEST player / Nichol = San Jose 3rd/4th liner and/or Healthy Scratch

Savard = Grade 2 Concussion (out indefinitely) / Nichol = Jumped right back up after getting knocked into the boards

Ironically, Nichol is a REPEAT OFFENDER already. He was suspended 9 games in 2006, and then 5 games in 2007 for dirty plays.

I'm not defending what Maxim did...in fact, like I said, I don't care that he's been away from the team (they've won every game with him out so far), but I fail to see where the double-standard is. None of this math adds up IMO. confused13.gif

If Bobby Lou was playing in Vancouver the Canucks would have the win. Raycroft played iffy at best. A couple of the shootout goals he looked really bad flopping all over the place.

Think back about the Cooke / Savard deal the first incident like that would be the Naslund deal when Bertuzzi went nuts. The next before that would be the Lemeiux hit on Maltby of Detroit and then Darren McCarty kicking the piss out of Lemeiux. Then I would have to say Samuelson on Cam Neely. That was really dirty.

Cook is a decent scrapper so unless your going to slew foot him , or cross check him to the face I don't know how much damage would occur. I am thinking Lucic will jump him pretty quick the next game they play against one another. The next would be Thorton.

First playoff scenario of the 2009-10 season...

The Washington Capitals (idle) would clinch the Southeast Division tonight if the Atlanta Thrashers lose (regulation or OT/SO) at Columbus. If the Thrashers win, the Capitals would still clinch an Eastern Conference playoff berth if the Montreal Canadiens lose in regulation to the Edmonton Oilers.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 11 2010, 03:48 PM)

The Washington Capitals (idle) would clinch the Southeast Division tonight if the Atlanta Thrashers lose (regulation or OT/SO) at Columbus. If the Thrashers win, the Capitals would still clinch an Eastern Conference playoff berth if the Montreal Canadiens lose in regulation to the Edmonton Oilers.

Southeast division is a joke. Atlanta 66 points, Tampa Bay 65 points, Florida 64 points, Carolina 62 points. Washington plays them 6 times each. No wonder they're leading the league.

PHX 4

VAN 3 (SO)

We'll take that point and finish up the ridiculously long 14 game road swing 8-5-1.

Not great, but taking 17 out of a possible 28 points away from GM Place ain't that bad either.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Mar 11 2010, 04:08 PM)
PHX 4

VAN 3 (SO)

We'll take that point and finish up the ridiculously long 14 game road swing 8-5-1.

Not great, but taking 17 out of a possible 28 points away from GM Place ain't that bad either.

GAH! The Nucks are beating the Pens by 1 point now... How did THAT happen?!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 11 2010, 04:17 PM)
if the Montreal Canadiens lose in regulation to the Edmonton Oilers.

We shall NOT let that happen!!

GO HABS GO! trink38.gif

Well I dunno.. the Oil is in last place right now with 48 points... but I guess stranger things have happened.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 11 2010, 04:06 PM)

Southeast division is a joke. Atlanta 66 points, Tampa Bay 65 points, Florida 64 points, Carolina 62 points. Washington plays them 6 times each. No wonder they're leading the league.

People seem to forget that division is a pad the stats division. Beat up on teams X amount of times and we are a great team. That was basically the same when Phoenix and the LA Kings were struggling in our division. Take the points and pat yourself on the back. Not happening anymore. Now Edmonton is donating points to the rest of the division.

QUOTE (silver @ Mar 11 2010, 05:41 PM)

People seem to forget that division is a pad the stats division. Beat up on teams X amount of times and we are a great team. That was basically the same when Phoenix and the LA Kings were struggling in our division. Take the points and pat yourself on the back. Not happening anymore. Now Edmonton is donating points to the rest of the division.

Yeah...some of the divisions seem to go through cycles like that. The Southeast especially, only it used to be Carolina getting the free ride all year! Nowadays, it's Ovie and Co.

But the one fact that is for sure is that the Northeast Division has typically been the most competitive division from top to bottom. Sure, the Leafs are making us looking terrible these days, and believe me, I love it! But traditionally, even they have put up more of an effort than this year.

But if the playoffs were to start today, the Northeast Division would be the only one to have FOUR teams out of 5 in the playoffs. Buffalo, Ottawa, Boston, and my beloved Montreal. Much more competitive than any division. They usually all have to claw their way through the divisional games.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 11 2010, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (silver @ Mar 11 2010, 05:41 PM)

Yeah...some of the divisions seem to go through cycles like that. The Southeast especially, only it used to be Carolina getting the free ride all year! Nowadays, it's Ovie and Co.

But the one fact that is for sure is that the Northeast Division has typically been the most competitive division from top to bottom. Sure, the Leafs are making us looking terrible these days, and believe me, I love it! But traditionally, even they have put up more of an effort than this year.

But if the playoffs were to start today, the Northeast Division would be the only one to have FOUR teams out of 5 in the playoffs. Buffalo, Ottawa, Boston, and my beloved Montreal. Much more competitive than any division. They usually all have to claw their way through the divisional games.

And we've had no problems with Montreal and Boston in the past. It's only Ottawa that's been giving us trouble these last few years.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 11 2010, 07:18 PM)
Pens 2-0 against the Canes with 14 mins left to go in the 1st.
Goals from Jordan Stall and Billy Guerin biggrin.gif

I like Guerin...the guy actually stepped up and said that he believes Cooke (his own teammate) should've been suspended for his dirty play on Savard.

Gotta respect that guy.