I Have This Irish Bug Itching My Arse. What Do You

Just to let Earl and any other Rory fans out there know that the latest Rory re-issue is fantastic.

It's called Notes From San Francisco and it's excellent. Essentially it's the album Rory famously threw in the bin, the day before his manager was to play it to the label bosses. A lot of the stuff was re-used on the marvellous Photofinish, but these originals are really good. A lot of piano, fiddle & sax really embellish the tracks, but they were too fancy for Rory in the end and he went back to the raw round we all love him for.

There is a limited edition 2 disc pack, and disc 2 is a previously unreleased 1979 show from San Francisco. And it kicks ass also.

RIP Rory. rose.gif

Just saw an advert about this Rory release - I think I will go for it.

R.I.P. Rory

R.I.P. Phil

R.I.P. Gary

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 28 2011, 12:07 PM)
Just to let Earl and any other Rory fans out there know that the latest Rory re-issue is fantastic.

It's called Notes From San Francisco and it's excellent. Essentially it's the album Rory famously threw in the bin, the day before his manager was to play it to the label bosses. A lot of the stuff was re-used on the marvellous Photofinish, but these originals are really good. A lot of piano, fiddle & sax really embellish the tracks, but they were too fancy for Rory in the end and he went back to the raw round we all love him for.

There is a limited edition 2 disc pack, and disc 2 is a previously unreleased 1979 show from San Francisco. And it kicks ass also.

RIP Rory. rose.gif

Yes my friend! I have the American pressing of "Notes" in a cool double cd pack but I had to go one further.

The Japanese pressing is off the charts. Two discs come in a hardback book sleeve. Limited edition.

Rory Rules!!

I'm serious Saw, if I ever book a trip to Ireland with my wife and even if I bring my girls, we have to meet at that pub with Rory's bronze guitar and drink to him.

I must see the Lynott statue too!!!

Dying to get to Ireland.

FUKK U2!

I had GA seats in Oakland and simply blew it off.

Signed,

"Where The Streets Are So Lame" trink38.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 31 2009, 08:50 AM)
Rory is Ireland's greatest musician and always will be.
A wonderful man, an amazing songwriter and a hell of a guitar player.
........... He played a mean Alto Sax too. What a man.

This.

RIP Rory. You were a musical genius.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Apr 4 2012, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 31 2009, 08:50 AM)
Rory is Ireland's greatest musician and always will be.
A wonderful man, an amazing songwriter and a hell of a guitar player.
........... He played a mean Alto Sax too. What a man.

This.

RIP Rory. You were a musical genius.

RORY RULES!!! HIS MUSIC WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!

A TOAST!!!

trink39.gif

Rory had such great TASTE when it came to chops!! yes.gif

New book on Rory just released, it's called "Rory Gallagher, His Life & Times", and I have it in my grubby paws. Gotta say, for the pictures alone, it's a must buy for any Rory fans. The first pic, the one of Rory & Phil on stage in 1982.

RIP Rory & Phil. rose.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 16 2012, 07:59 AM)
New book on Rory just released, it's called "Rory Gallagher, His Life & Times", and I have it in my grubby paws. Gotta say, for the pictures alone, it's a must buy for any Rory fans. The first pic, the one of Rory & Phil on stage in 1982.

RIP Rory & Phil. rose.gif heart.gif

Hey buddy! Thanks for the info!! I must get this book!!!

trink39.gif