'AQUA TEEN' MOVIE COMING SOON!

Jack Aubrey

WOO-HOO!

From our friends at Freeze Dried Movies

Davis Willis and Matt Maiellaro, both voice talents and creators of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, broke the amazing news this evening that they will have completed a full length feature film for the show come December. The show will feature the origins of the characters in, "a typical 'Aqua Teen' fashion." The plan is to get the film released in a limited theatrical run.

In other Adult Swim news, a new show entitled 12 Ounce Mouse is set to debut this September, which is about a drunk mouse taxi driver. Also coming in September is a show called Squid Billys, which is about- you guessed it- redneck squids.

Seth Green was in attendance and talked about a few episodes of Family Guy he recorded. He told us he's a fan of the show and doesn't read the script, he just goes in and records his lines and leaves, so he's surprised when the show airs. He said he recorded a dance number with Chris singing En Vogue's "Never Gonna Get It." He also knows there's an episode where Drew Berrymore plays Chris' teacher and hires Chris to kill her husband!

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Mar 8 2005, 11:30 AM)
i've never heard of this Aqua Teen show..what is it?  confused13.gif

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or ATHF, is a 15-minute-per-episode program that runs on Cartoon Network as part of the Adult Swim block. Simply put, yes, it's animated, yes, it's on Cartoon Network, but it's definitely not for kids ohmy.gif).

The true beauty of the show is that it promotes horrible ideas, makes extremely little sense, and allows its viewers to fight crime with a talking milkshake, french fries, and a meatball.

The show takes place in a lower class part of the Jersey Shore, USA in a dilapidated ranch owned by three detectives, Frylock (the fries), Master Shake (the shake), and Meatwad (you guessed it, the meatball). The program, however, NEVER shows the characters doing ANYTHING productive. It pretty much follows their dysfunctional home life, but the episodes have no real rules. Only in the first two episodes do they even attempt to fight crime.

The name of the show follows the suit of not making any sense:

Aqua: no meaning

Teen: no meaning

Hunger: they are food items

Force: no meaning

http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/screengrabs/rabbot/rabbot45.jpg

Our heroes. From left to right: Meatwad, Master Shake (the Aqua Teen's self-appointed leader), and Frylock.

Thanks to Aqua Teen Central for the info.

The show is (to me, at least) hilarious. If you like 'theatre of the absurd'-type comedy, then you'll like it, too.

Edited to add: I can't believe that I almost forgot Carl! The Aqua Teens' grumpy neighbor and my favorite character.

http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/screengrabs/rabbot/rabbot11.jpg

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Mar 8 2005, 11:30 AM)
i've never heard of this Aqua Teen show..what is it?  confused13.gif

ATHF is a show aired on late night Cartoon Network. Basically it's about the adventures and mishaps of three roomate, who are also food items, Master Shake, Frylock, and Meatwad. Oh, and their next door neighbor Carl is also there...as are the Moonites.

Go herr for more stuff:

www.adultswim.com

edit: Damn, JA beat me to it! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Edited by progrush2112

Favorite Aqua Teen quotes, anyone? One of mine is when Frylock invents the waterless toilet and wants Carl to test it. The toilet is in Carl's front yard, and Carl expresses some concern about 'doing his business in public'. Frylock assures Carl that it has a built-in invisibility screen. Carl says: "So it's like the Predator, except instead of killing people he's, like, crappin'." rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Mar 8 2005, 12:38 PM)
dude, i'm not usually up that late on school nights! & even if i was, i don't have a tv in my room, so i couldn't anyways!! which REALLY sucks, because it sounds like a great show. sad.gif

Set your VCR! (Or Tivo, whichever you have.)

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 8 2005, 12:41 PM)
Set your VCR! (Or Tivo, whichever you have.)

ohmy.gif omg! we JUST so happen to be getting dish network today..which comes with a tivo thing!! so YES, i'll be able to do that!! YESSSS!! biggrin.gif smooth, Jack!

(Shake crashes through Carl's bedroom window, meanwhile, Carl is on the phone with his insurance company)

Shake: "Hey Carl! Look! I'm Batman!"

(Carl hangs up the phone, and looks at Shake for a couple seconds)

Carl: (sarcasticly) "HEY!!! I'm Batman TOO!!!"

(Carl runs and dives out of his window)

laugh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

It's even funnier when you SEE it. Just reading it dosnt do that scene justice.

-Matt

Shake and Carl are digging for Oil in Carl's front yard because Metwad said he was "psycic"...

Black residue starts spewing out of the ground

Shake: We're rich! Black gold!

Carl: Hey. Why does it smell so bad?

Shake: Because it's crude oil.

Carl: Wait a minute. You hit my septic tank you jackass!

QUOTE (kazzman @ Mar 27 2005, 07:25 PM)
Shake and Carl are digging for Oil in Carl's front yard because Metwad said he was "psycic"...

Black residue starts spewing out of the ground

Shake: We're rich! Black gold!

Carl: Hey. Why does it smell so bad?

Shake: Because it's crude oil.

Carl: Wait a minute. You hit my septic tank you jackass!

Shake: You eat corn?!