The movie quote game.

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Jun 9 2005, 10:52 AM)
Wow, I was going to change my answer to The Adams Family.

Here's my quote:

"Well, he's not a hard man to track.....leaves dead men wherever he goes."

One of the best Clint Eastwood westerns...Outlaw Josey Wales

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 9 2005, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Jun 9 2005, 10:52 AM)
Wow, I was going to change my answer to The Adams Family.

Here's my quote:

"Well, he's not a hard man to track.....leaves dead men wherever he goes."

One of the best Clint Eastwood westerns...Outlaw Josey Wales

Right.

It's my all-time favorite movie.

good one, Slaine. you're up.

incidentally, and i'm not accusing this of you slaine, but is it kind of an unwritten rule that people aren't allowed to research answers on the internet for this question? i only ask because i know that my quote when insterted into google would take less than a second to get the answer, several minutes less than it took to come up with the question. if people can/do use the internet for answers, then i might not want to participate in the game (no offense) since it just becomes an exercise at who's better and faster at web searching. again, not accusing anyone in particular, just genuine curiousoity from a relative newbie...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2005, 12:32 PM)
good one, Slaine. you're up.

incidentally, and i'm not accusing this of you slaine, but is it kind of an unwritten rule that people aren't allowed to research answers on the internet for this question? i only ask because i know that my quote when insterted into google would take less than a second to get the answer, several minutes less than it took to come up with the question. if people can/do use the internet for answers, then i might not want to participate in the game (no offense) since it just becomes an exercise at who's better and faster at web searching. again, not accusing anyone in particular, just genuine curiousoity from a relative newbie...

The trouble with this is that there is no way to prove whether or not someone is using a search engine in order to find the answer. We have to use the honor system here because there is no other way. A degree of trust is required among those who play the games.

The trouble with this is that there is no way to prove whether or not someone is using a search engine in order to find the answer. We have to use the honor system here because there is no other way. A degree of trust is required among those who play the games.

Jack, I completely understand what you're saying. I guess the point for me is do people know it's technically NOT part of the game to look up the answers on the internet? That's all I was looking for. If a person knows it's not part of the game and then chooses to do it anyway, then that's fine and that's the best I could hope for.

It just seems on this particular game it's different from say, the baseball trivia game on the sports forum. With that one it's understood that people CAN use the internet, and sometimes the questions there are SO hard that if people didn't use the internet, there would literally NEVER be an answer unless the questioner started dropping major hints or eventually giving the answer away and asking another question. With the movie quote game, it seems like movies are so much in public awareness that someone should be able to come up with the answer by keeping on guessing, even if the person does have to give a clue after a little while.

I guess this stems from the fact that the first time I ever played the movie quote game was several years ago in chat rooms where it was all live and web searching wasn't so easy back then - it just made it fun knowing people had to wrack their brains instead of going to the biggest library in the world, punching a few keys and getting the answer spit out. Sorry if I'm being a pain by bringing this up... unsure.gif

Edited by rushgoober

I must confess that I did get the answer for this from the internet but not from using a search.

By a strange co-incedence, I was came across that quote on a site to do with David Cronenberg a couple of days ago and it stuck with me. Does that class as cheating?

Anyway, my next one is:

My goodness. It's... It's big, isn't it? Can we really break that?

I must confess that I did get the answer for this from the internet but not from using a search.

By a strange co-incedence, I was came across that quote on a site to do with David Cronenberg a couple of days ago and it stuck with me. Does that class as cheating?

Not in my book it doesn't! I'm just so impressed that you were on a David Cronenberg site! The guy really is an amazing and truly demented director - I love his films - Crash, Naked Lunch and Existenz especially - thank God for wierdos like him!

I'm thinking about your quote...hmm.....

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2005, 02:38 PM)
The John Bobbit Story?

Movie Game Rules and Guidelines Rule #6:

Include the original quote/pic/question with your answer.

Come on, that's not asking too much is it?

Come on, that's not asking too much, is it?

oops.gif sorry, dude, didn't know that!

"My goodness. It's... It's big, isn't it? Can we really break that?"

The John Bobbit Story?

(either way you slice it though wink.gif, it's still a joke)

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2005, 02:50 PM)

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the rules.

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the rules.

Sir, yes sir! Seriously Jack, I even read and responded to those rules and still spaced them! I have now refreshed myself in the cool waters that are the movie game rules. I feel cleansed... trink36.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2005, 06:50 PM)
Come on, that's not asking too much, is it?

"My goodness. It's... It's big, isn't it? Can we really break that?"

The John Bobbit Story?

(either way you slice it though wink.gif, it's still a joke)

and after all that:

no.gif