Watchmen...Have you seen it yet??

Prince Sphinc-Tor

A couple of girls in the audience commented something about waiting for his dilly to start glowing. rofl3.gif

Of course, the lack of clothing on Dr. Manhattan serves to show his increasing sense of detachment from humanity and its trappings, and I get that, but I will say that you don't see anywhere near as much of the blue member in the book at you do in the movie. Little too much, too often, to the point of being distracting.

I read one review that said it would never look at the Blue Man Group the same way again. laugh.gif

Edited by wordsmith

First I have to say I never read the graphic novel.

Anyways, what a God-awful waste of time that 2:30 was last night.

I literally had to force myself to pay attention.

I don't get why Manhattan killed Rorshach and let the villain (can;t remember his name) live. Seemed like a lot of unnecessary plot developments that went nowhere.

I just watched it again....still think it's great.

I finally FINALLY got to see it last night. As a huge fan of the graphic novel and a victim of circumstance I never got to see it in the theater so waited with bated breath for the BluRay release.

I watched the directors cut only so not sure exactly what the difference was but maaaaaan I dunno why it seemed so long, especially past the half way point. I was awfully tired to begin with and did start the movie at 11pm but still, it did feel slow paced during the second half.

Other than that is was jaw dropping splendid to watch and absorb, I really liked many of the items they emphasized/expanded on such as the opening sequence I thought that was superb. Also it caters to my personality a lot and hatred of censorship ruining things but MAN OH MAN did they *ever* not let the rating get in the way of honoring the novel and wielding their creative control. This movie was VERY gory at times, did not shy away from very touchy and terrible subjects, violence, war, murder, rape, nudity of both sexes and that really impressed me very much. The little background tidbits that you could pick up on as well did so much homage to the book that I wonder if they really left anything out at all, at least background reference-wise.

Considering how ultra-truly they stuck to the story line I was actually very dismayed about the new ending, maybe it was just the shock of it not being what I expected, still not sure maybe after another watch some day.

I'd also like to watch the theatrical cut and absorb a bit what they added to the longer version because really as much as I just adored this movie and the style and every character. The only character interpretation (or maybe casting) that was off me me was Ozymandia, otherwise every other character was absolutely brilliant even Hooded Justice!

WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN!?

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Aug 27 2009, 08:57 PM)
I finally FINALLY got to see it last night. As a huge fan of the graphic novel and a victim of circumstance I never got to see it in the theater so waited with bated breath for the BluRay release.

I watched the directors cut only so not sure exactly what the difference was but maaaaaan I dunno why it seemed so long, especially past the half way point. I was awfully tired to begin with and did start the movie at 11pm but still, it did feel slow paced during the second half.

Other than that is was jaw dropping splendid to watch and absorb, I really liked many of the items they emphasized/expanded on such as the opening sequence I thought that was superb. Also it caters to my personality a lot and hatred of censorship ruining things but MAN OH MAN did they *ever* not let the rating get in the way of honoring the novel and wielding their creative control. This movie was VERY gory at times, did not shy away from very touchy and terrible subjects, violence, war, murder, rape, nudity of both sexes and that really impressed me very much. The little background tidbits that you could pick up on as well did so much homage to the book that I wonder if they really left anything out at all, at least background reference-wise.

Considering how ultra-truly they stuck to the story line I was actually very dismayed about the new ending, maybe it was just the shock of it not being what I expected, still not sure maybe after another watch some day.

I'd also like to watch the theatrical cut and absorb a bit what they added to the longer version because really as much as I just adored this movie and the style and every character. The only character interpretation (or maybe casting) that was off me me was Ozymandia, otherwise every other character was absolutely brilliant even Hooded Justice!

WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN!?

I agree with you in every way. It did get a little tedious around the midway mark, but I loved all the flashback stuff in the intro (The Times They Are A Changin' part), and all the stuff involving Comedian right up to the middle.

Visually I thought it was fantastic, and the attention to detail from the books involving the background was amazing.

The end surprised me as well, but after a little thought I like it better than the book as the books end sort comes out of left field whereas in the movie, the end is caused by a character you are familiar with.

Ozymandias was a little weak, but after a second watch, I learned to like the portrayal better than when I first saw it. But still the weak link.

I've only seen the theatrical release version, and wanna see it uncut.

(just in case)....Spoiler Warning....

I saw the movie a few times and I just finished reading the graphic novel the other day. I can't think of another comic adaptation that comes this close to the original source. As stated already, some of the dialogue & scenes were EXACTLY like the comic. Yeah, there were a few things left out but I don't think it affected the movie that much at all. If anything, some of the wit and thoughtfulness of the graphic novel were missing in the film (which is unavoidable) but still I was very pleased. And actually, I think the movie's explanation for the reason behind the destruction of NYC worked better than the graphic novel's. Also, it was easily the best soundtrack for a comic book movie ever...Dylan & Hendrix set with supers in costume = greatness!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze