The Hollywood Knights

Pags

One of the funniest movies out there. Let's give it some props - or introduce it to those who have never seen it.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/queencityrock/myspace/HollywoodKnights1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jDzzUl8A0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0npwocSlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWmWeLUQ_u4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMaNsq52HQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CftpuY5CUWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jm0XmPN000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKQcXTrFPEM

Glad you started the thread. I somehow forgot.

As Pags, and some others know, this is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's a laugh-riot from the beginning to the end. And the best part is that it stands the test of time. Many movies I thought were good when I was a kid, like Star Wars and shit like that, I realize suck as an adult. But Hollywood Knights is STILL a fabulous and hilarious movie. I can't get enough of it.

Luckily I caught it on Showtime a month or so ago, and got to DVR it.

I hope others here are fans and that people who haven't seen it, put the time in and go watch it. It's very worth it. Just for seeing so many famous actors at the beginning of their careers alone is worth the rental fee. Better yet, BUY IT. You won't be dissapointed. no.gif

Newbomb Turk rules! It seems like he's in almost every scene at the same time, and he's a riot.

The only parts I could do without are the Tony Danza scenes where he's enjoying his last night before going off to Vietnam. Those scenes dragged for me, and just made me wait around for Newbomb's next prank.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 8 2009, 02:06 PM)
Newbomb Turk rules! It seems like he's in almost every scene at the same time, and he's a riot.

The only parts I could do without are the Tony Danza scenes where he's enjoying his last night before going off to Vietnam. Those scenes dragged for me, and just made me wait around for Newbomb's next prank.

Tony's scenes are about his relationship with Pfeiffer. The other guy is going off to Vietnam.

You need to watch it again, which will be a good thing for you, so don't complain. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 8 2009, 01:09 PM)

Tony's scenes are about his relationship with Pfeiffer. The other guy is going off to Vietnam.

You need to watch it again, which will be a good thing for you, so don't complain. z7shysterical.gif

Yes, you're right. Haven't seen this movie in years. Well anyway, Danza's scenes AND the Vietnam guy's scenes can both go to make way for more Newbomb!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 8 2009, 01:06 PM)

Did you ever notice how none of those different storylines overlap at all?? You could edit out every scene with Danza in it, and you wouldn't change the movie's flow one bit. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 8 2009, 02:12 PM)

Did you ever notice how none of those different storylines overlap at all?? You could edit out every scene with Danza in it, and you wouldn't change the movie's flow one bit. laugh.gif

yes.gif

I wonder if they were trying to make a more American Graffiti type movie, and it started going more Porky's, so they stuck with that. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 8 2009, 01:00 PM)
Glad you started the thread. I somehow forgot.

As Pags, and some others know, this is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's a laugh-riot from the beginning to the end. And the best part is that it stands the test of time. Many movies I thought were good when I was a kid, like Star Wars and shit like that, I realize suck as an adult. But Hollywood Knights is STILL a fabulous and hilarious movie. I can't get enough of it.

Luckily I caught it on Showtime a month or so ago, and got to DVR it.

I hope others here are fans and that people who haven't seen it, put the time in and go watch it. It's very worth it. Just for seeing so many famous actors at the beginning of their careers alone is worth the rental fee. Better yet, BUY IT. You won't be dissapointed. no.gif

"Heavens Nevins"

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 8 2009, 02:10 PM)

Yes, you're right. Haven't seen this movie in years. Well anyway, Danza's scenes AND the Vietnam guy's scenes can both go to make way for more Newbomb!

I agree. I'm just trying to get you to watch it again. Well worth the 90 minutes. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 8 2009, 01:12 PM)

Yeah, you WOULD change the flow -- you'd make it flow better! laugh.gif

I know what you're saying...it'd be easy to eliminate those scenes without messing up the Newbomb scenes. Reminds me of "Major League." Cut out the scenes with Tom Berenger and Renee Russo, which are completely detached from the baseball scenes (except for the closing shot), and you'd have a perfect movie.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 8 2009, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 8 2009, 01:12 PM)

Yeah, you WOULD change the flow -- you'd make it flow better! laugh.gif

I know what you're saying...it'd be easy to eliminate those scenes without messing up the Newbomb scenes. Reminds me of "Major League." Cut out the scenes with Tom Berenger and Renee Russo, which are completely detached from the baseball scenes (except for the closing shot), and you'd have a perfect movie.

Exactly right. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 8 2009, 01:15 PM)

I agree. I'm just trying to get you to watch it again. Well worth the 90 minutes. biggrin.gif

This movie would be worth it no matter how long it was. Robert Wuhl steals every scene he's in. Lots of classic lines, too.

"This punch has a little wang to it...I've had this taste in my mouth before..." laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 8 2009, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 8 2009, 01:15 PM)

This movie would be worth it no matter how long it was. Robert Wuhl steals every scene he's in. Lots of classic lines, too.

"This punch has a little wang to it...I've had this taste in my mouth before..." laugh.gif

Did you ever notice that Wuhl does all the voiceovers too? It's odd, but when you hear voices, but no one in the scene is talking... both parts are Wuhl's voice.

He must have been the only one available during post production.

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Feb 8 2009, 08:03 PM)
N/T

What does this mean?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 8 2009, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 8 2009, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Feb 8 2009, 08:03 PM)
N/T

What does this mean?

Newbomb Turk? tongue.gif

I was going to correct the spelling of Newbomb's name but found out you guys were spelling it right after all. doh.gif

Ah yes!

The movie that made crapping into a paper bag, lighting it on fire and tossing it on someone's porch a fun and popular pastime!

I had forgotten all about this movie. Haven't seen it in years. It reminded me of American Grafitti with a screw loose. I also like movies with old American machinery in it anyway. Another good car geek movie. GTO's belong with huge Cragar mags out back. Looks like Amazon is gonna get some more business, I'm gonna go track this one down. Thanks.