Invisible drum kit

PhilsFriendMatt

i lol'd, good stuff laugh.gif

that being said, does it ever piss off anyone else how horribly most kids "air drum" drumsets are set up? I love watching stupid middle schoolers who think they're the shit air-drumming and trying to imagine what the kit they're pretending to use would look like in real life -- small toms high enough to collide with airplanes, floor toms that must be stuck in a quicksand pool, and hi-hats that are somewhere near Neptune.

dunno, just a pet peeve of mine laugh.gif

I saw that a while back now but it is always very funny. laugh.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jan 22 2009, 04:01 PM)
I remember someone posted this in a Rowan Atkinson thread.

Great stuff laugh.gif

yes.gif In a thread I made about a different Rowan Atkinson vid ('Smut') tongue.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jan 18 2009, 12:22 AM)

that being said, does it ever piss off anyone else how horribly most kids "air drum" drumsets are set up? I love watching stupid middle schoolers who think they're the shit air-drumming and trying to imagine what the kit they're pretending to use would look like in real life -- small toms high enough to collide with airplanes, floor toms that must be stuck in a quicksand pool, and hi-hats that are somewhere near Neptune.

Are you kidding? I once saw a kid that had an ever moving snare & he had to have over 1400 cymbals. Playing drums, I would airdrum where I felt the drum should be, coincidentally, that's where my drums ended up!

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jan 23 2009, 01:38 PM)

that being said, does it ever piss off anyone else how horribly most kids "air drum" drumsets are set up?  I love watching stupid middle schoolers who think they're the shit air-drumming and trying to imagine what the kit they're pretending to use would look like in real life -- small toms high enough to collide with airplanes, floor toms that must be stuck in a quicksand pool, and hi-hats that are somewhere near Neptune.

Are you kidding? I once saw a kid that had an ever moving snare & he had to have over 1400 cymbals. Playing drums, I would airdrum where I felt the drum should be, coincidentally, that's where my drums ended up!

man that kid must have had some serious cash. i mean i would assume if the snare was ever moving it must have been on some sort of conveyor belt and that many cymbals at $200 a pop. man

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Jan 23 2009, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jan 23 2009, 01:38 PM)

that being said, does it ever piss off anyone else how horribly most kids "air drum" drumsets are set up?  I love watching stupid middle schoolers who think they're the shit air-drumming and trying to imagine what the kit they're pretending to use would look like in real life -- small toms high enough to collide with airplanes, floor toms that must be stuck in a quicksand pool, and hi-hats that are somewhere near Neptune.

man that kid must have had some serious cash. i mean i would assume if the snare was ever moving it must have been on some sort of conveyor belt and that many cymbals at $200 a pop. man

YUP! Drums are an expensive habit! I had 4 cymbals break at once. $1000 usd. rage.gif