Easiest Rush Song

Closer To the End

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Closer To the End @ Feb 24 2005, 02:53 AM)
I'm just starting out on Guitar. What do oyu guys think is a good song to start off with?

"Lessons" is pretty simple on Guitar. Or maybe "What your doing", that was one of the first songs I learned years ago.

Hmmm....I started learning Rush songs when I already had a good basic knowledge of guitar, so it may not be the same for you. First two songs I learned were Subdivisions and Time Stand Still, which compared to other songs, are easy as hell, even though Subdivisions has some odd time signatures that may throw a noob off in terms of tempo.... AlexFinal.gif

It took me 3 days to learn Closer to the Heart for guitar.

Still needs to be perfected, but I know everything about it needed to know wink.gif

I love that song... fun and easy song to start with.

Working man is a simple song UNTILL you get to the solo, What Your Doing is an easy song, the solo dont look that hard, bravado-if you can get the tempo down, the solo again dont look that hard, Limelight just to name a few

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Feb 28 2005, 09:51 PM)
Working man is a simple song UNTILL you get to the solo, What Your Doing is an easy song, the solo dont look that hard, bravado-if you can get the tempo down, the solo again dont look that hard, Limelight just to name a few

I Was gong to say that. Working Man is simple except for the solo.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 27 2005, 04:07 PM)
It took me 3 days to learn Closer to the Heart for guitar.

Still needs to be perfected, but I know everything about it needed to know  wink.gif

I love that song... fun and easy song to start with.

Agreed yes.gif

It was the first song I learnt to play when i was 15. Im now 16 and it's almost second nature! Bastille Day is fun to play aswell...the solo's tricky...but practice makes perfect! wink.gif

Edited by Cygnus_X1

QUOTE (yyz @ Feb 28 2005, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Feb 28 2005, 09:51 PM)

I Was gong to say that. Working Man is simple except for the solo.

I was just going to say that as well. Took the words right out of my mouth! ph34r.gif

Well the first song I learned was 2112 Overture. Of course, I also play the bass. . .

By the by, do you know how hard it is to play YYZ?

QUOTE (Pyre_89 @ Mar 4 2005, 10:00 AM)
Well the first song I learned was 2112 Overture. Of course, I also play the bass. . .

YYZ seems pretty tough...or maybe im just not that good tongue.gif the first rush song i learned was 2112: temples of syrinx...thats probably their easiest song ever

Guest Quigley_Moog
The easiest Rush song to play is probably Xanadu. It is mostly chords with a slower solo than some of Alex's faster ones (I'm thinking Analog Kid has a difficult solo).

Guest Quigley_Moog
My guitar teacher started me out on Working Man. The rhythm track is easy but the solo...well...it is no picnic. He uses minor pentatonic with some Dorian and blues thrown in.

QUOTE (Pyre_89 @ Mar 4 2005, 11:00 AM)

I can play yyz almost perfectly on drums.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Mar 26 2005, 01:33 PM)
2112 (trust me, once you get the time signatures down and the layout of the song, it's simple)
YYZ (first Rush song I learned)
Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
Red Sector A

All on Drums

Spirit of Radio is not an easy task on guitar!! My fingers just wernt made to move that fast on the main riff sad.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Mar 26 2005, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Mar 26 2005, 01:33 PM)
2112 (trust me, once you get the time signatures down and the layout of the song, it's simple)
YYZ (first Rush song I learned)
Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
Red Sector A

All on Drums

Spirit of Radio is not an easy task on guitar!! My fingers just wernt made to move that fast on the main riff sad.gif

Did you by any chance read the very last thing I wrote in my post?