Gerry TOTALLY SPOILED SO BEWARE!!!

Necromancer

I just saw this movie about two guys that go on a hike and get lost in a dessert.

There's hardly any dialogue and what there is, barely makes sense. But yeah... i watched the whole bore fest. It's almost two hours of Matt Damon and Casey Affleck just walking.

It's unreal how boring it is. I wound up fast forwarding through it cuz it had no dialogue. And the end... i can't even understand it. WHY did Damon do that? Was it mercy? I mean... he didn't eat him or anything, so it had no practical reasons, right??? confused13.gif

Well... i guess the thread is only for people who seen it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 3 2008, 08:32 PM)
I still want to know how they got lost in a dessert. Must have been a big one. Probably lots of whipped cream too.

I read something about it being in New Mexico. Are the desserts in New Mexico THAT big???

I wondered the same thing too.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 4 2008, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 3 2008, 08:32 PM)
I still want to know how they got lost in a dessert.  Must have been a big one.  Probably lots of whipped cream too.

I read something about it being in New Mexico. Are the desserts in New Mexico THAT big???

I wondered the same thing too.

Bananas Foster maybe? That is a big dessert that also gets pretty warm.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 4 2008, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Nov 3 2008, 07:26 PM)
Was it called Gerry?

Ummm... yeah. Just like the name of the thread. How'd i confuse you???

laugh.gif

For starters I've never even heard of it.

In your initial post you never mention that Gerry was the name of the movie, only that you saw "this" movie. wink.gif

Rereading your first post I see that you started this thread specifically for people who have seen the movie. I apologize for reading it. tongue.gif Maybe you should have stated that more clearly in the name of thread as well as the movies name so I wouldn't read it in the first place. laugh.gif

It would've been good as a short film, feature length was a bit much. But that's 'art' for ya.

I think Damon was just frustrated with the whole situation and sort of blamed Affleck for the fact they were lost and took it out on him in a primal way-- setting up the irony that right after he did it he saw the highway and 'civil'-ization.

Edited by Rushian King

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Nov 5 2008, 02:37 PM)
It would've been good as a short film, feature length was a bit much. But that's 'art' for ya.

I think Damon was just frustrated with the whole situation and sort of blamed Affleck for the fact they were lost and took it out on him in a primal way-- setting up the irony that right after he did it he saw the highway and 'civil'-ization.

That whole scene confuses me. They're laughing about how the hike is going, and then Casey says something about "not going" or something I couldn't make out completely, and then he starts touching Damon and then Damon chokes out Casey??? confused13.gif

I do NOT get this. I want to know what the reasoning is. I guess I can accept the primeval thing, but it seems lame. Was Affleck gonna kill Damon?

Totally lost.

Oh... and they called each other Gerry and they referred to the hills as Gerries also. So that was also bizarre.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 5 2008, 04:14 PM)

That whole scene confuses me. They're laughing about how the hike is going, and then Casey says something about "not going" or something I couldn't make out completely, and then he starts touching Damon and then Damon chokes out Casey??? confused13.gif

I do NOT get this. I want to know what the reasoning is. I guess I can accept the primeval thing, but it seems lame. Was Affleck gonna kill Damon?

Totally lost.

Oh... and they called each other Gerry and they referred to the hills as Gerries also. So that was also bizarre.

I haven't seen the movie since it was released so I can't comment about the specifics. Maybe I'll watch it again and just skip through to the dialogue parts-- which would leave what, a 5 minute movie?

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Nov 6 2008, 01:40 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 5 2008, 04:14 PM)

Totally lost.

I haven't seen the movie since it was released so I can't comment about the specifics. Maybe I'll watch it again and just skip through to the dialogue parts-- which would leave what, a 5 minute movie?

yes.gif

It's such a waste of film. Well... i guess the scenery is beautiful, but I can't get past all the dirt sounds. They must have mics right in the cuff of their pants or something. It drives you crazy.

I was really looking forward to this movie. I feel robbed. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 6 2008, 10:45 PM)
Good article. Still don't know why he killed him though.

I'm thinking now that maybe he thought he was taking care of him in some way? confused13.gif

It's an odd movie.

I caught on IFC a while back, and watched it in clips. It doesn't seem like a movie that needs to be watched in its entirety, really. It's not like it's super plot driven or anything. To me it's more of a "vibe' type film, which takes a certain mood for me to be able to sit through.

I think it's worth a look, but i wouldn't feel any guilt about not finishing it, fast forwarding, or taking breaks along the way.