SOME MEN FAVOR HANDGUNS OVER WOMEN

Cygnus

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kodiak bears are the largest bears in the world. A large male can stand over 10' tall when on his hind legs, and 5' when on all four legs. They weigh up to 1,500 pounds. Females are about 20% smaller, and 30% lighter than males.

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Feb 18 2005, 09:26 PM)
Only one person has been killed by a bear on Kodiak in the past 70 years. About once every other year a bear injures a person.

WOW, I GUESS I WOULD NEED A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 18 2005, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 18 2005, 08:48 PM)
when you have faith in God like I do, you know that God is watching over you and helping protect you.

cool.gif

then how do you explain the holocaust? or the tsunami? wacko.gif

Don't forget tornados and earthquakes!!!!!

Cigarettes kill way more people every year and I see people holding them up to their lips with no fear at all on a daily basis. Strange!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 18 2005, 09:35 PM)
http://www.cross-wise.com/alaska/Big%20Bear%20Hug.jpg

What's up with the bear in the background?

Is that someone's purse he's holding??

It looks like it's taking a leak in a well. It's getting people back for shooting at them during hunting season.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 18 2005, 09:39 PM)
http://bookingnwguides.com/BigGame/canada/canada%20grizzly.jpg

Now that's macho!!!! He even has a lit cigar in his mouth!!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 18 2005, 10:32 PM)
Only one person has been killed by a bear on Kodiak in the past 70 years. About once every other year a bear injures a person.

rofl3.gif

That stat is proof that having a gun is good protection

Boy this has gotten interesting. First of all your right Indica that is a tagged fish and the number was recorded off of it,fish released and the number was sent into fish and game for tracking purposes. They tag the fish at a cetain location and hope to follow it's migration patterns. they will send you the info.if you request it and send you their report. Let me be clear here on where I stand, I think maybe you have this image that all people who go into the wilderness with a gun are paranoid with a gun in one hand and a budweiser in the other. When we go fly fishing we go to all different types of places some remote and some not. I am not out to kill a bear,I don't even hunt them and never claimed that. We respect them as well as all other wildlife around us. We talk so they can here us as we are walking to our destination and try to give them all the space they need. It is a matter of when push comes to shove and shooting if it's the last resort so be it, but again we try to avoid them as much as they try to avoid us. Some people do think that Bears are these "blood thirsty" creatures out to kill people and they are the ones who are very dangerous with a gun I don't hang out with idiots llike that. As fas as God goes I also have faith in God but that's why he gave us "freewill" and for us to make our own personal choices. It has nothing to do with how tough a person might think he or she is. I choose to carry a weapon when I feel it is neccesary. Anyway, If you think you would go to Kodiak Alaska and get dropped off their for a week in the BUSH without a Gun then more power to you. I pray that you come out uninjured or alive. Not a very smat decision but hey, that's why God gave us "feewill right cool.gif

troutman & Matty

by the way I am going fishing tomorrow the weather here has been mild this winter so it allows us to fish in certain areas, and yes this is one of the areas that require personal protection my shot gun. Report has it there is one "old grumpy" 9 foot Bore in the area which did not hibernate this winter and during this time of year with not much food around ... The gun has got to go!!!

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Feb 18 2005, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 18 2005, 10:32 PM)

rofl3.gif

That stat is proof that having a gun is good protection

One death in 70 years? In that case one would need a gun everytime they left the house because people kill more people than that. The odds of walking out your house and getting killed by another human being is greater than getting killed by a bear. yes.gif

I guess if you're scared, you're scared. cat.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 18 2005, 10:22 PM)
Boy this has gotten interesting. First of all your right Indica that is a tagged fish and the number was recorded off of it,fish released and the number was sent into fish and game for tracking purposes. They tag the fish at a cetain location and hope to follow it's migration patterns. they will send you the info.if you request it and send you their report. Let me be clear here on where I stand, I think maybe you have this image that all people who go into the wilderness with a gun are paranoid with a gun in one hand and a budweiser in the other. When we go fly fishing we go to all different types of places some remote and some not. I am not out to kill a bear,I don't even hunt them and never claimed that. We respect them as well as all other wildlife around us. We talk so they can here us as we are walking to our destination and try to give them all the space they need. It is a matter of when push comes to shove and shooting if it's  the last resort so be it, but again we try to avoid them as much as they try to avoid us. Some people do think that Bears are these "blood thirsty" creatures out to kill people and they are the ones who are very dangerous with a gun I don't hang out with idiots llike that. As fas as God goes I also have faith in God but that's why he gave us "freewill" and for us to make our own personal choices. It has nothing to do with how tough a person might think he or she is. I choose to carry a weapon when I feel it is neccesary. Anyway, If you think you would go to Kodiak Alaska and get dropped off their for a week in the BUSH without a Gun then more power to you. I pray that you come out uninjured or alive. Not a very smat decision but hey, that's why God gave us "feewill right cool.gif

troutman & Matty

by the way I am going fishing tomorrow the weather here has been mild this winter so it allows us to fish in certain areas, and yes this is one of the areas that require personal protection my shot gun. Report has it there is one "old grumpy" 9 foot Bore in the area which did not hibernate this winter and during this time of year with not much food around ... The gun has got to go!!!

Bring some extra chili for the bears because they are hungry too. (joke)

This reminds me of this mailing list I joined about 6 years ago. It's a list of people who love canoeing and camping in the wilderness and they all do it every year. Some go solo but I like to have someone with me when I go just in case something bad happened and you can't make it back by yourself. You never know what's going to happen out there.

Anyway, I played a joke on the people on the list. I wrote in, acting like a 18 year old boy who was just old enough to go on a wilderness camping/canoe trip without his dad.....

I told them my dad made up all kinds of stupid rules about how to tie the food up and not keep a dirty campsite so the bears wont raid your camp at night. In this wilderness area, you aren't allowed to take bottles and cans and you are supposed to "pack out" everything you take in. (instead of buring it or leaving it there of course). They call it the leave no trace rule. Anyway, I made up a big story about how I went with my friends and left my dad at home since I was 18 now and I could go without an adult. I told them I carried cases of beer, and threw the bottles in the lake, LOL......I said we fed the bears every day, since my dad was so strict with his STUPID rules, we fed them this time. Then I said one of the bears must have got mad because someone else didn't feed them like we did, and the bear raided our tent and tore it up and stole our food. I blamed everyone else for my stupidity. I made up a bunch of other things that I knew would piss everyone off and say WHAT THE F**********??????????

It was a long story and had a lot of things like how we threw rocks at mating loons (which are endangered in some areas)......., How we burned whole islands and how we stumbled across a backpack full of food that someone left on the portage trail so we snagged it from them since the bears stole all our food. (Most of the time you have to make 2 trips between the lakes with your gear and canoe, so you have to leave some gear and walk 1/2 mile or more to the next lake, so your gear is sitting for a few minutes, so this is something that could happen pretty easily. LOL.)

The people on the list were furious as hell!!!! It was funny. Then I told them it was me after a few days of everyone on the list going off on this 18 year old kid....You wouldn't believe all the stuff they said ahahahahahaha. I guess you had to be there. confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 18 2005, 08:22 PM)
Boy this has gotten interesting. First of all your right Indica that is a tagged fish and the number was recorded off of it,fish released and the number was sent into fish and game for tracking purposes. They tag the fish at a cetain location and hope to follow it's migration patterns. they will send you the info.if you request it and send you their report. Let me be clear here on where I stand, I think maybe you have this image that all people who go into the wilderness with a gun are paranoid with a gun in one hand and a budweiser in the other. When we go fly fishing we go to all different types of places some remote and some not. I am not out to kill a bear,I don't even hunt them and never claimed that. We respect them as well as all other wildlife around us. We talk so they can here us as we are walking to our destination and try to give them all the space they need. It is a matter of when push comes to shove and shooting if it's the last resort so be it, but again we try to avoid them as much as they try to avoid us. Some people do think that Bears are these "blood thirsty" creatures out to kill people and they are the ones who are very dangerous with a gun I don't hang out with idiots llike that. As fas as God goes I also have faith in God but that's why he gave us "freewill" and for us to make our own personal choices. It has nothing to do with how tough a person might think he or she is. I choose to carry a weapon when I feel it is neccesary. Anyway, If you think you would go to Kodiak Alaska and get dropped off their for a week in the BUSH without a Gun then more power to you. I pray that you come out uninjured or alive. Not a very smat decision but hey, that's why God gave us "feewill right cool.gif

troutman & Matty

AlienSmiley.gif

We tag humans.

AlienSmiley.gif

http://www.arts.mcgill.ca/programs/polisci/faculty/rexb/Roswell/PageMill_Resources/image18.gif

Archived