The Larger Bowl

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 26 2008, 10:40 AM)
what's exactly going on with the project right now?

who is doing their part?

can someone post just C/t/l's guitar part?

thanks

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Did CTL ever post a link to his part, I don't see it on his TRF Musician Page.

I will convert it once I have it.

Eh, I am trying to record my part, but I want it to be perfect, and want to go along with CTL. I think we are going to have major tempo issues since we are not building off the drums. I hope I am wrong though.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 26 2008, 08:47 AM)

who is doing their part?

thanks

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Eh, I am trying to record my part, but I want it to be perfect, and want to go along with CTL. I think we are going to have major tempo issues since we are not building off the drums. I hope I am wrong though.

yea, I couldn't upload it, i'll try to figure something out though

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 26 2008, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 26 2008, 08:47 AM)

who is doing their part?

thanks

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

yea, I couldn't upload it, i'll try to figure something out though

KEEP THE ORIGINAL FILE!!!

but export it as .wav...

then convert to .mp3 (unless your software lets you export as .mp3)

then post it on TRF.....

but then just send the easiest file to RRL

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

PC is built. Need to work out a couple bugs, but I am almost there.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 27 2008, 11:42 AM)
Well, if CygnusX-1Bk2 can record, I rather him go first and us follow the progression from the original plan.

yea.....C/T/L we should just have him do drums....then you do guitar....then bass.....then me.....that would be better...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ May 27 2008, 11:14 AM)
PC is built. Need to work out a couple bugs, but I am almost there.

All bugs worked, need to rewire the studio. But first there will be Iron Maiden Wednesday evening.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 15 2008, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 15 2008, 06:05 PM)
Can you guys do Natural Science instead? Thanks..........

um...yea......RRL cant do that on bass.....and im not a woman so i cant sing the whole thing....

and bout thew drums.....i msged Cygnus-X1BK2 to ask if he wanted to record the drum part on actual drums to avoid midi, but he hasn't replied...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I can play Natural Science on bass and guitar and I can sing it (and I'm not a woman but i can get it up there....)

So if you want to do that one, give me an OK and you got it! wink.gif

Tark

Workin' on it. I am rather busy at the moment but will try to rewire tonight. The PC was the big obstacle. My drums aren't totally set up so I have to put up some hardware. Nothing big, just my pedals and hi hat. The mics are up. This will be the first recording into the new ProTools rig. Unfortunately I won't have the killer mic pres for a while, but oh well. At least my system is up.

Note to launch, I decided against the SSL pres and am going for some Rupert Neve designed ISA preamps that are made by Focusrite. Neve designed these pres when he started Focusrite in the 80's and they still use these from his original designs. Talking to my former boss and analog gear guru (the guy who has built many Pultecs, 1172's and 1176's) who told me that the transformers used in the ISA are some of the best available, if not the best; Lundahl LL1538's.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 2 2008, 06:15 PM)
Note to launch, I decided against the SSL pres and am going for some Rupert Neve designed ISA preamps that are made by Focusrite. Neve designed these pres when he started Focusrite in the 80's and they still use these from his original designs. Talking to my former boss and analog gear guru (the guy who has built many Pultecs, 1172's and 1176's) who told me that the transformers used in the ISA are some of the best available, if not the best; Lundahl LL1538's.

Yes Cyg, I think you have made a very (very) wise choice there. Those SSL pres (and consoles) just aren't very warm. Glad to hear it buddy! You'll be happier.

Alright, the temporary re-wire and line check is done. Turns out I have 1 faulty direct channel out on my console. Oh well. It was free. After I get the other preamps it won't be an issue. I should probably label my cables too, but that's another matter.

If I get some time tomorrow evening I will lay this track down. If not it will have to wait until either Saturday or Monday depending on the events of the weekend.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 4 2008, 09:58 PM)
Alright, the temporary re-wire and line check is done. Turns out I have 1 faulty direct channel out on my console. Oh well. It was free. After I get the other preamps it won't be an issue. I should probably label my cables too, but that's another matter.

If I get some time tomorrow evening I will lay this track down. If not it will have to wait until either Saturday or Monday depending on the events of the weekend.

how's it going?

whats the status?

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Recorded tonight. Need to do a quick mix pass or two or four before delivering. It's not perfect, but close enough for our purposes. wink.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 9 2008, 08:42 PM)
Recorded tonight. Need to do a quick mix pass or two or four before delivering. It's not perfect, but close enough for our purposes. wink.gif

dont worry too much about mixing were gonna do that after its done..

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jun 14 2008, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 14 2008, 02:21 PM)
NICE sig Analoggy! notworthy.gif

finally someone rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Dude, that image is way too big. You have to fix it. I know you hate that song but come on.