Dr. Seuss', Horton Hears a Who!

Pags

Finally! A movie made from a Dr. Seuss book that is good. And not just good, but excellent.

Grinch was terrible. Cat was ok, but nothing stellar. But this one they finally got right.

I took my 8 year old twins to see it tonight, and the 3 of us loved it. I didn't expect to enjoy it at all. I figured I'd be sitting through it for their sake. Instead, I think I wound up having a better time than they did. laugh.gif

I read the book ages ago, I was probablt about 10, I can't remember anything about it and had put it out of my mind but when the film came out I was like "Ohh I remember this! Cool!" Probably won't end up seeing it though, not exactly the sort of film I'd see with friends and I don't have a girlfriend to blame for dragging me along. laugh.gif

I didn't think the Grinch was that bad sad.gif

Anyway. I haven't seen it yet, but ill try and see it as soon as possible. Everyone I know who has seen it seems to love it.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 1 2008, 04:45 PM)
I didn't think the Grinch was that bad sad.gif

Anyway. I haven't seen it yet, but ill try and see it as soon as possible. Everyone I know who has seen it seems to love it.

Yeah, I thought The Grinch was pretty good for that type of movie but The Cat in the Hat was horrible.

Kerry wants to see this...maybe this weekend. smile.gif Thanks for the reminder!

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 29 2008, 08:50 PM)
Finally! A movie made from a Dr. Seuss book that is good. And not just good, but excellent.

Grinch was terrible. Cat was ok, but nothing stellar. But this one they finally got right.

I took my 8 year old twins to see it tonight, and the 3 of us loved it. I didn't expect to enjoy it at all. I figured I'd be sitting through it for their sake. Instead, I think I wound up having a better time than they did. laugh.gif

You must have been high.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 2 2008, 10:46 PM)
Finally!  A movie made from a Dr. Seuss book that is good.  And not just good, but excellent.

Grinch was terrible.  Cat was ok, but nothing stellar.  But this one they finally got right.

I took my 8 year old twins to see it tonight, and the 3 of us loved it.  I didn't expect to enjoy it at all. I figured I'd be sitting through it for their sake.  Instead, I think I wound up having a better time than they did. laugh.gif

You must have been high.

laugh.gif

I dont know what to think, others have told me it was boring and awful, and some told me it was good...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 3 2008, 02:10 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 2 2008, 10:46 PM)
Finally!  A movie made from a Dr. Seuss book that is good.  And not just good, but excellent.

Grinch was terrible.  Cat was ok, but nothing stellar.  But this one they finally got right.

I took my 8 year old twins to see it tonight, and the 3 of us loved it.  I didn't expect to enjoy it at all. I figured I'd be sitting through it for their sake.  Instead, I think I wound up having a better time than they did. laugh.gif

You must have been high.

laugh.gif

I dont know what to think, others have told me it was boring and awful, and some told me it was good...

laugh.gif aw c'mon. It's a kid's movie and all... but it was good!!

Anyone else see it yet?