New guitar!!!

Fridge

Ok, an update on this, now that I've had it a while. I've also played a gig with it.

Overall, it just keeps getting better and better. As I've adjusted to the slightly different feel of this axe, I've come to realise just how good it is.

the neck is unbelievable, and I personally think it knocks spots off the PRS Custom I was trying out before this came along. it almost feels like it's alive when I play, and I'm convinced it's given me a little more speed (no bad thing for a covers band hack like me).

I would take this over a floyd rose system anyday. It stays in tune really well, and even the pull-up is more than adequate, though to be fair you don't get quite as much as you do with the floyd.

The Schallers are great for changing strings, indeed I can change all six in under three minutes - not too shabby

I had a bit of a scare when gigging the first time as the pickups are more sensitive, and I had to quickly readjust my noisegate settings on the fly, but no biggie.

It maybe takes slightly more tweaking to get really good high gain sounds, but is perfectly do-able. Tonal options are tremendous from telecaster to grunge to thrash - you name it, this baby can do it.

Tremendous piece of kit. I can't praise it enough.

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Apr 20 2008, 09:02 PM)
Is everything stock on it?

Yes.

I have heard of people replacing the two Dimarzio PAF Hums for EMGs but I can't think why. They sound great to me.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 20 2008, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 20 2008, 03:58 PM)
The Schallers are great for changing strings, indeed I can change all six in under three minutes - not too shabby

Are those the locking Schallers? I'm probably going to get those for my Strat.

Yes they are, and they are well worth it. Makes string changing a cinch and really helps keep your trem in tune.

As they are heavier than normal tuners, some people say they make the tone of your guitar slightly darker, but I'm not sure as I was unable to compare mine without them seeing as they are stock.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 20 2008, 09:34 PM)
Nice guitar, you should've bought my Peavey Wolfgang though! laugh.gif

Actually I was briefly tempted, but managed to resist the G.A.S. attack laugh.gif

Have you sold it yet? if not, how much are you asking for it?

Edited by Fridge