Marty Scorcese says turn off your phone

Jack Aubrey

The posting of the 'ATHF' movie intro reminded me of this: Scorcese's PSA.

laugh.gif That was funny! Right on. trink36.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 11 2008, 12:05 PM)
Maybe someday people will get the message. I've all but stopped going to the movies because I get too aggravated with phones, talking, babies crying, etc.

You might be interested in trying the Muvico experience if there is one in your area. It's a bit expensive, but I'd do it for movies I really want to see in the theater. No screaming kids, because you have to be 21 to sit in that section. I think most of the seats are loveseats. The food is a cut above standard concession fare, and they also have a restaurant that adjoins the theater. You can bring the food in from the restaurant, but you can't have them bring it to you in the theater. You sit in the balcony of a big theater with a huge screen. As for the cell phone problem, I think no matter where we go, we are going to run into it. Theaters, restaurants, in traffic, it just never goes away.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 11 2008, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 11 2008, 12:05 PM)
Maybe someday people will get the message. I've all but stopped going to the movies because I get too aggravated with phones, talking, babies crying, etc.

You might be interested in trying the Muvico experience if there is one in your area. It's a bit expensive, but I'd do it for movies I really want to see in the theater. No screaming kids, because you have to be 21 to sit in that section. I think most of the seats are loveseats. The food is a cut above standard concession fare, and they also have a restaurant that adjoins the theater. You can bring the food in from the restaurant, but you can't have them bring it to you in the theater. You sit in the balcony of a big theater with a huge screen. As for the cell phone problem, I think no matter where we go, we are going to run into it. Theaters, restaurants, in traffic, it just never goes away.

Thanks AK. I'll look into it. trink39.gif