Why not lynyrd skynyrd

roni_kinshin

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2008, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2008, 05:01 PM)
BTW I have the re-released version of this album (used to have the original but sold it along with all of my other cds from back then to help me with my move out of town).  It is called "First...and Last.  The Complete Muscle Shoals Album."  It is the original album plus 8 additional tracks ( 6 that were released before including classics like Free Bird, Simple Man, Gimme Three Steps)

1. Free Bird (previously unreleased original version) - 7:27
  2. One More Time (original version) - 5:04
  3. Gimme Three Steps (original version) - 4:09
  4. Was I Right Or Wrong? - 5:21
  5. Preacher's Daughter - 3:39
  6. White Dove - 2:56
  7. Down South Jukin' - 2:14
  8. Wino (previously unreleased alternate version) - 3:16
  9. Simple Man (previously unreleased original version) - 5:24
  10. Trust (original version) - 4:14
  11. Comin' Home - 5:30
  12. The Seasons - 4:09
  13. Lend a Helpin' Hand - 4:24
  14. Things Goin' On - 5:10
  15. I Ain't the One (previously unreleased original version) - 3:36
  16. You Run Around (previously unreleased) - 5:39
  17. Ain't Too Proud to Pray (previously unreleased) - 5:26

Even the album cover is different.  I hope to find the original version again some day.

Medlocke also sang on the unreleased song "Ain't To Proud To Pray." These 3 songs Medlocke sang were songs he brought from Blackfoot and reworked for Skynyrd.

Didn't know that ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2008, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 05:06 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2008, 10:01 PM)
BTW I have the re-released version of this album (used to have the original but sold it along with all of my other cds from back then to help me with my move out of town).  It is called "First...and Last.  The Complete Muscle Shoals Album."  It is the original album plus 8 additional tracks ( 6 that were released before including classics like Free Bird, Simple Man, Gimme Three Steps)

1. Free Bird (previously unreleased original version) - 7:27
  2. One More Time (original version) - 5:04
  3. Gimme Three Steps (original version) - 4:09
  4. Was I Right Or Wrong? - 5:21
  5. Preacher's Daughter - 3:39
  6. White Dove - 2:56
  7. Down South Jukin' - 2:14
  8. Wino (previously unreleased alternate version) - 3:16
  9. Simple Man (previously unreleased original version) - 5:24
  10. Trust (original version) - 4:14
  11. Comin' Home - 5:30
  12. The Seasons - 4:09
  13. Lend a Helpin' Hand - 4:24
  14. Things Goin' On - 5:10
  15. I Ain't the One (previously unreleased original version) - 3:36
  16. You Run Around (previously unreleased) - 5:39
  17. Ain't Too Proud to Pray (previously unreleased) - 5:26

Even the album cover is different.  I hope to find the original version again some day.

I have the original album, the last two tracks I've never heard sad.gif

Never heard those original versions either, I've seen this in the shops and nearly bought it once.

pm me your email address and I'll send them your way smile.gif

Sweet!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Mar 11 2008, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 11 2008, 02:56 PM)
good band, cant hold a candle to the allman brother's

I agree !

I'll triple that. The Allman Brothers are one of the best bands that I've seen. A top five for sure.

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 11 2008, 10:21 PM)

I agree !

I'll triple that. The Allman Brothers are one of the best bands that I've seen. A top five for sure.

Interesting, I was thinking of buying At Fillmore East, any good or would you recommend something else you guys?

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 06:03 PM)

Gimme a T for Texas, gimme a T for Tennesssee
Gimme a T for Thelma
The woman made a fool outta me.  biggrin.gif

The One More from The Road version of "T For Texas" is my favorite Skynyrd song. Filled with great guitar and piano jams.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 11 2008, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 06:03 PM)

Gimme a T for Texas, gimme a T for Tennesssee
Gimme a T for Thelma
The woman made a fool outta me.  biggrin.gif

The One More from The Road version of "T For Texas" is my favorite Skynyrd song. Filled with great guitar and piano jams.

I think you can only get it on that album, but yeah great song. trink39.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 11 2008, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 11 2008, 08:16 PM)
One of Skynyrd's greatest claims to fame?

They can say they're from the same state as GG.  yes.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Florida? laugh.gif

Sweet home Jacksonville tongue.gif

D'oh.

I thought they were from here.

Oh well.

blush4.gif

Sorry GG, but I can't go a day around here without some reminder that this is home to Skynyrd. Ronnie was buried about 5 miles from my house until they moved his grave to an undisclosed location thanks to vandals. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Oh, and at the Jaguar games, they always play "Sweet Home Alabama" over the stadiums PA and the crowd goes absolutely wild. Hmmmm, people in Florida going crazy over their hometown band proclaiming Alabama as their "Sweet Home." Maybe this is just a dumb hick town after all laugh.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 05:28 PM)

I agree !

Interesting, I was thinking of buying At Fillmore East, any good or would you recommend something else you guys?

I really don't know Huck. I saw the Allman Bros by sheer chance and was blown away by the live performance. I've seen over 300 bands easily and they are at the top. See them live if they hit the UK. If you buy any of their music, get the live stuff. Unbelievable. I'll tell you the whole story about my experience another time.

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 11 2008, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 11 2008, 01:01 PM)
edited thread title to correctly spell "Lynyrd Skynyrd." (no a's in there).  trink39.gif

True story, about 2 years ago, I ran into Billy Powell (keys) at Wal-Mart  laugh.gif

Cool! That guy could tickle the ivories.

yes.gif

I love his piano solo in "I know A Little" biggrin.gif

I used to cover that song in a band, back in my college days... 1022.gif

aint that right, Cowtothesky! wink.gif

I agree !

Filmore East is considered one of the greatest live albums of all time. There are some VERY long jams on there though a la Grateful Dead. (You Don't love Me clocks in slightly under 20 mins. and Whipping Post clocks in at over 22 mins.)

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 11 2008, 10:36 PM)

I agree !

I really don't know Huck. I saw the Allman Bros by sheer chance and was blown away by the live performance. I've seen over 300 bands easily and they are at the top. See them live if they hit the UK. If you buy any of their music, get the live stuff. Unbelievable. I'll tell you the whole story about my experience another time.

Thanks LQC, I'll pick that live album up then I think. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2008, 10:39 PM)

I agree !

Filmore East is considered one of the greatest live albums of all time. There are some VERY long jams on there though a la Grateful Dead. (You Don't love Me clocks in slightly under 20 mins. and Whipping Post clocks in at over 22 mins.)

I had heard it was a classic yes.gif

Thanks Rick trink39.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 05:40 PM)

I agree !

trink39.gif You won't be disappointed

Oh, and here's a little trivia for all ya'll...

I used to roadie for Skynyrd many years ago (back in my younger, long-haired days)! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 11 2008, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 05:40 PM)

I agree !

trink39.gif You won't be disappointed

I'll review it in new music! smile.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Mar 11 2008, 10:44 PM)

I used to roadie for Skynyrd many years ago (back in my younger, long-haired days)!  ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif How cool is that notworthy.gif

I demand stories yes.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 11 2008, 10:47 PM)
Back to Skynyrd............ They are great. So much great music and lyrics in such a short time. Van Zandt new that he would die young. The man had "it".

I always thought him and Bon Scott were similar in a lot of ways, both died early, though differently.

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 05:47 PM)

I used to roadie for Skynyrd many years ago (back in my younger, long-haired days)!  ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

I demand stories yes.gif

I'm going to the store right now and getting me some snuff. I'm gonna take a huge dip and listen to Sweet Home Alabama. I might even work on an alter. I bow to you chief. That is cool.

My Dad used to work the spotlight for the Stone City Attraction tours in the '70's. He worked Led Zep, The Who, Alice Cooper, etc etc etc......

His normal work was as an engineer but he was able to run the spot light for rock shows. I have tons of stories.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 11 2008, 10:51 PM)

I demand stories yes.gif

I'm going to the store right now and getting me some snuff. I'm gonna take a huge dip and listen to Sweet Home Alabama. I might even work on an alter. I bow to you chief. That is cool.

My Dad used to work the spotlight for the Stone City Attraction tours in the '70's. He worked Led Zep, The Who, Alice Cooper, etc etc etc......

His normal work was as an engineer but he was able to run the spot light for rock shows. I have tons of stories.

Hey why not start a new thread with these, it would be cool! yes.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 05:56 PM)

I demand stories yes.gif

It would trip you out. Ever heard of Billy Martin? He used to hang with my Dad when he was in town. He even stayed the night and ate breakfast with my family one day. He just wanted to be in a normal place. I suppose managing the Yankees wore on him. He really liked my dad. And the weird thing is that my dad was a quiet man. I have SO many stories.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 11 2008, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 11 2008, 05:56 PM)

I demand stories yes.gif

It would trip you out. Ever heard of Billy Martin? He used to hang with my Dad when he was in town. He even stayed the night and ate breakfast with my family one day. He just wanted to be in a normal place. I suppose managing the Yankees wore on him. He really liked my dad. And the weird thing is that my dad was a quiet man. I have SO many stories.

Not heard of him sorry, I'm not into baseball, but I'd like to hear those stories. smile.gif