Geddy Lee is hot!

Sodoff Baldrick

1022.gif Thank for posting all that sexiness!

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Dec 27 2007, 09:25 PM)
Guess what...more random reposting! What's here? Let's have a look.

Thanks as always to everyone!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/daxpax/Band%20Pics/GL.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/daxpax/Band%20Pics/Manchester15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/daxpax/Band%20Pics/GedWashingtonGorge.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/daxpax/Band%20Pics/GedDallasTwo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/daxpax/Band%20Pics/Gedbackstage.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/iluvgeddy/Geddysing.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/Geddygal1/Geddy/texas.jpg

Good 'Geddy Face' in these ones new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks for all the GeddyFaces biggrin.gif You girls know what I like!

Borrowed from the Killer Images thread.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2151/2126131341_1cbc674332_o.jpg

Look at those eyes! wub.gif

I've got to ask this of all the Geddy-lovers... (Geddy-corns!) biggrin.gif

Why do we adore this guy so fiercely? I am not so sure he's really all that good looking, but that doesn't diminish our devotion! Why is that?

I know why I have always loved him - it's his voice. I'm so totally a sucker for men who can sing that appearance makes absolutely no difference. But never could spend much time actually looking at Geddy except for every now and then. The photo of him peeking around the corner of his wine cellar, for example, or the one GeddysMullet posted above - but these are the exceptions. I love the guy; always have, but just don't think he's "hot."

Well, OK, I admit - he has a kind of sexy way of moving around on stage, too... but would we think he was sexy and wonderful if we just passed him on the street? Or if he had ordinary short hair and we had never heard him sing? (Of course, I'm also a sucker for smart Jewish men, too ;-)

OK, it's late and I'm just musing - please don't take me very seriously. Just wondered what you all thought and could perhaps convince me to look at Geddy differently!

L

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Dec 28 2007, 11:24 PM)

Why do we adore this guy so fiercely? I am not so sure he's really all that good looking, but that doesn't diminish our devotion! Why is that?

I know why I have always loved him - it's his voice. I'm so totally a sucker for men who can sing that appearance makes absolutely no difference. But never could spend much time actually looking at Geddy except for every now and then. The photo of him peeking around the corner of his wine cellar, for example, or the one GeddysMullet posted above - but these are the exceptions. I love the guy; always have, but just don't think he's "hot."

Well, OK, I admit - he has a kind of sexy way of moving around on stage, too... but would we think he was sexy and wonderful if we just passed him on the street? Or if he had ordinary short hair and we had never heard him sing? (Of course, I'm also a sucker for smart Jewish men, too ;-)

OK, it's late and I'm just musing - please don't take me very seriously. Just wondered what you all thought and could perhaps convince me to look at Geddy differently!

L

First thing I loved, was that voice! Melted me the first time I heard it... but had never seen him, at that point.

Then I saw Rush on the t.v... and I heard that gorgeous voice... and I laid eyes on that face... I was hooked! I love those eyes, that's where I often focus. I think he has got the most amazing eyes, very expressive.

Then there is that soul patch... Geddy, don't ever shave it off! biggrin.gif I think that's soooo cute on him!

His smile is genuine, and that seems kind of rare... too many forced smiles, not just in the entertainment world, but in general, people seem to have to force a smile.

I have always liked his nose, too... (and all my romantic interests have had somewhat large noses, this was even before I first saw Geddy...)

Add to that, his personality. The more I've seen in interviews and such, he just strikes me as a wonderful person and that is very sexy, to me. wub.gif

And yeah... the way he moves on stage... heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/ladymadrigal/2004-jul-main.jpg

wub.gif I love this pic...

http://www.thecanadianmusicscene.com/jpgfiles/geddygarden.jpg

heart.gif wub.gif and I really love this one! drool1.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Dec 29 2007, 12:24 AM)

L

I agree that he's not particularly good-looking in any traditional sense of the word, and I don't really think of him as "Hot" in quite the same way that many do. But I love to look at him because when I do I see the personification of the music that I love, and that makes me happy. He's got a lot of joy and vitality in him, and it shows, especially in the live shots. I love the faces he makes when he's playing because he just looks so into it, so totally committed to making the music, and enjoying it so much. I've always found that appealing in a musician. Besides, he reminds me of someone who is special to me, I've never much gone for traditionally good-looking people anyway, and I've a weakness for big noses.

Besides, there's what I refer to as the "Tom Petty Principle." Tom Petty once said "That's what makes rock'n'rollers. The ugly guys aren't going to get any chicks any other way!" And if you think about it, it's so true!

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Dec 29 2007, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Dec 28 2007, 11:24 PM)

Why do we adore this guy so fiercely?  I am not so sure he's really all that good looking, but that doesn't diminish our devotion!  Why is that?

I know why I have always loved him - it's his voice.  I'm so totally a sucker for men who can sing that appearance makes absolutely no difference.  But never could spend much time actually looking at Geddy except for every now and then.  The photo of him peeking around the corner of his wine cellar, for example, or the one GeddysMullet posted above - but these are the exceptions.  I love the guy; always have, but just don't think he's "hot."

Well, OK, I admit - he has a kind of sexy way of moving around on stage, too... but would we think he was sexy and wonderful if we just passed him on the street?  Or if he had ordinary short hair and we had never heard him sing?  (Of course, I'm also a sucker for smart Jewish men, too ;-)

OK, it's late and I'm just musing - please don't take me very seriously.  Just wondered what you all thought and could perhaps convince me to look at Geddy differently!

L

First thing I loved, was that voice! Melted me the first time I heard it... but had never seen him, at that point.

Then I saw Rush on the t.v... and I heard that gorgeous voice... and I laid eyes on that face... I was hooked! I love those eyes, that's where I often focus. I think he has got the most amazing eyes, very expressive.

Then there is that soul patch... Geddy, don't ever shave it off! biggrin.gif I think that's soooo cute on him!

His smile is genuine, and that seems kind of rare... too many forced smiles, not just in the entertainment world, but in general, people seem to have to force a smile.

I have always liked his nose, too... (and all my romantic interests have had somewhat large noses, this was even before I first saw Geddy...)

Add to that, his personality. The more I've seen in interviews and such, he just strikes me as a wonderful person and that is very sexy, to me. wub.gif

And yeah... the way he moves on stage... heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

Wow, GD sure sums it up for me, I'm impressed!

Anything I'd add would definitely be an elaboration on the way he moves. He has this really fluid movement (When he's just lounging or walking around), that reminds me a lot of a person in no hurry, or trying not to scare away a squirrel. ( tongue.gif )

And again, those eyes... Amazingly expressive.

The smile (Wow, there's nothing left for me, GD, lol!). It is so genuine, and have you noticed how he kinda has this crooked smile? There's just something (there's that "something" again!) about the one-sided smile.

He does have a ridiculously beautiful personality, and that's just so very attractive, you know?

LOL, that's it for me!

blush4.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Dec 29 2007, 02:04 PM)
Besides, there's what I refer to as the "Tom Petty Principle."  Tom Petty once said "That's what makes rock'n'rollers.  The ugly guys aren't going to get any chicks any other way!"  And if you think about it, it's so true!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I think this hits pretty close to the truth!

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Dec 29 2007, 02:04 PM)
I love to look at him because when I do I see the personification of the music that I love, and that makes me happy. He's got a lot of joy and vitality in him, and it shows, especially in the live shots. I love the faces he makes when he's playing because he just looks so into it, so totally committed to making the music, and enjoying it so much.

You're right - that is one of the appealing things about him - the unselfconsciousness of his expressions when he's playing and the sense that the music is everything to him. But I can't seem to shake the feeling that since he's singing Neil's lyrics we're not really getting a glimpse into HIS soul but into Neil's - and Geddy's voice is just the musical instrument being employed by the composer to convey that emotion.

Except for "Tears" from 2112. Those are Geddy's words, if I remember correctly, and the song from which my undying infatuation arose so many years ago...

Ok, I'm nearly convinced!

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Dec 29 2007, 10:51 PM)
But I can't seem to shake the feeling that since he's singing Neil's lyrics we're not really getting a glimpse into HIS soul but into Neil's - and Geddy's voice is just the musical instrument being employed by the composer to convey that emotion. 

Except for "Tears" from 2112.  Those are Geddy's words, if I remember correctly, and the song from which my undying infatuation arose so many years ago...

Ok, I'm nearly convinced!

See, I don't think that's really true. I think that Geddy puts a lot of himself into his vocal performances. Neil may write the words, but Geddy shapes their expression.

Also, he's spoken in interviews (particularly the fantastic "making of" documentary on the MVI edition of Snakes And Arrows) about how he can't sing lyrics that don't touch him or make him feel something. He talked about how sometimes he will only like a few lines out of a lyric that Neil gives him, and when that happens Neil rewrites the song around the bits Geddy likes, as well as discussing the fact that sometimes his interpretation of a lyric is totally different from Neil's. He said that sometimes he'll tell Neil he thinks it's cool that a song is about whatever he thinks it's about, and Neil will say that that isn't what he meant for the song to be about at all, and they're both cool with that. Neil said something about how he always feels honoured when Geddy feels that a lyric of his is worth being written to and sung, because "many are written but few are chosen." biggrin.gif I think all that is so great. It's got to be an awesome relationship of trust.

Perhaps you can tell that this is something I've thought about quite a lot. I'm a non-lyric-writing singer, and I'm really intrigued by the implications of people working together that way -- one person writing lyrics for someone else to write music to and sing. I often wonder when I listen to Rush how much of what I'm hearing in the lyrics and vocal performances comes from Neil's heart/soul and how much from Geddy's. But even they probably couldn't say themselves. I think it's so beautiful!

Edited by GeddysMullet

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Dec 29 2007, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Dec 29 2007, 12:24 AM)

Why do we adore this guy so fiercely?  I am not so sure he's really all that good looking, but that doesn't diminish our devotion!  Why is that?

I know why I have always loved him - it's his voice.  I'm so totally a sucker for men who can sing that appearance makes absolutely no difference.  But never could spend much time actually looking at Geddy except for every now and then.  The photo of him peeking around the corner of his wine cellar, for example, or the one GeddysMullet posted above - but these are the exceptions.  I love the guy; always have, but just don't think he's "hot."

Well, OK, I admit - he has a kind of sexy way of moving around on stage, too... but would we think he was sexy and wonderful if we just passed him on the street?  Or if he had ordinary short hair and we had never heard him sing?  (Of course, I'm also a sucker for smart Jewish men, too ;-)

OK, it's late and I'm just musing - please don't take me very seriously.  Just wondered what you all thought and could perhaps convince me to look at Geddy differently!

L

I agree that he's not particularly good-looking in any traditional sense of the word, and I don't really think of him as "Hot" in quite the same way that many do. But I love to look at him because when I do I see the personification of the music that I love, and that makes me happy. He's got a lot of joy and vitality in him, and it shows, especially in the live shots. I love the faces he makes when he's playing because he just looks so into it, so totally committed to making the music, and enjoying it so much. I've always found that appealing in a musician. Besides, he reminds me of someone who is special to me, I've never much gone for traditionally good-looking people anyway, and I've a weakness for big noses.

Besides, there's what I refer to as the "Tom Petty Principle." Tom Petty once said "That's what makes rock'n'rollers. The ugly guys aren't going to get any chicks any other way!" And if you think about it, it's so true!

Pretty much sums it up for me too... he's not your traditional 'good looking' guy, but he has so much character to him that, well I think is hot.

He KIND OF reminds me of my boyfriend... or my boyfriend reminds me of him, whatever way you look at it lol. Maybe it's because they're both Polish. tongue.gif

Edited by izzy

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Dec 29 2007, 09:58 PM)
Neil said something about how he always feels honoured when Geddy feels that a lyric of his is worth being written to and sung, because "many are written but few are chosen." biggrin.gif  I think all that is so great.  It's got to be an awesome relationship of trust.

I often wonder when I listen to Rush how much of what I'm hearing in the lyrics and vocal performances comes from Neil's heart/soul and how much from Geddy's.  But even they probably couldn't say themselves.  I think it's so beautiful!

You know, I do remember reading that once somewhere about how Geddy and Neil collaborate on songs ("many are written but few are chosen"), and I'd forgotten it. The teamwork between those three musicians is incredibly amazing, and for it to have been sustained for so long speaks volumes. It is beautiful.

And I think that's why I'm still listening to them after all these years and still turned on by their music every day!

Thank you all for setting me straight! Geddy (and Alex & Neil too, for that matter) may not be "hot" in the usual sense, but I think I understand better now why we think they are!

L

p.s. as many of you know from the thread in "Open Secrets," my husband left me recently. sad.gif Totally devastating and heartbreaking... but now I can sit here looking at The Rush Forum for HOURS ON END without feeling the slightest twinge of guilt! tongue.gif

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Dec 30 2007, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Dec 29 2007, 09:58 PM)
Neil said something about how he always feels honoured when Geddy feels that a lyric of his is worth being written to and sung, because "many are written but few are chosen." biggrin.gif  I think all that is so great.  It's got to be an awesome relationship of trust.

I often wonder when I listen to Rush how much of what I'm hearing in the lyrics and vocal performances comes from Neil's heart/soul and how much from Geddy's.  But even they probably couldn't say themselves.  I think it's so beautiful!

You know, I do remember reading that once somewhere about how Geddy and Neil collaborate on songs ("many are written but few are chosen"), and I'd forgotten it. The teamwork between those three musicians is incredibly amazing, and for it to have been sustained for so long speaks volumes. It is beautiful.

And I think that's why I'm still listening to them after all these years and still turned on by their music every day!

Thank you all for setting me straight! Geddy (and Alex & Neil too, for that matter) may not be "hot" in the usual sense, but I think I understand better now why we think they are!

L

p.s. as many of you know from the thread in "Open Secrets," my husband left me recently. sad.gif Totally devastating and heartbreaking... but now I can sit here looking at The Rush Forum for HOURS ON END without feeling the slightest twinge of guilt! tongue.gif

goodpost.gif Pollyanna! biggrin.gif

Glad you're finding a silver lining.

For me it's the eyes and the hands. Geddy (and Neil) may not be obvious lookers, but I'm quite certain that if either of them was in my workplace with those eyes I'd hardly get any work done. biggrin.gif