I saw Sweeney Todd six times!

Finbar

It's an amazing movie with gorgeous music. I also bought the soundtrack, deluxe edition, and plan to buy the DVD when it comes out. I also plan on buying a DVD recording of a stage production of the original musical (with less songs cut but also with a much smaller orchestra).

I recommend Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street to everybody, lovers of great musicals, great music and great movies alike.

I like the movie as well, and I have the soundtrack too.

I've also seen one of the stage productions of the Musical. There are several available on youtube. I watched the one with Angela Lansbury.

QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 4 2008, 01:40 PM)
It's an amazing movie with gorgeous music. I also bought the soundtrack, deluxe edition, and plan to buy the DVD when it comes out. I also plan on buying a DVD recording of a stage production of the original musical (with less songs cut but also with a much smaller orchestra).

I recommend Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street to everybody, lovers of great musicals, great music and great movies alike.

wacko.gif

Sorry...6 times???

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Feb 7 2008, 11:53 PM)

wacko.gif

Sorry...6 times???

Right? Sounds like someone has a homoerotic crush on Johnny Depp.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 8 2008, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Feb 7 2008, 11:53 PM)

wacko.gif

Sorry...6 times???

Right? Sounds like someone has a homoerotic crush on Johnny Depp.

No problem with that. I have a Heteroerotic crush on him! tongue.gif

http://www.brahmawolf.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/johnny-depp-1.jpg

wub.gif

I know the story of Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber a little bit too well to get interested in this. This new Johnny Depp adaptation of the tale is just the latest in a very, very long line and from the look of like it could well be From Hell Part 2 with a little Sleepy Hollow thrown in...

schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Feb 12 2008, 03:17 AM)
man tim burton is amazing what are you talking about aha.

I like Big Fish and The Nightmare Before Christmas, but what he did to Willy Wonka and Planet of the Apes was criminal. The rest are pretty bad too, and this gimmick of using Depp and his wife in every movie is getting old.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 12 2008, 04:07 AM)
QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Feb 12 2008, 03:17 AM)
man tim burton is amazing what are you talking about aha.

I like Big Fish and The Nightmare Before Christmas, but what he did to Willy Wonka and Planet of the Apes was criminal. The rest are pretty bad too, and this gimmick of using Depp and his wife in every movie is getting old.

I agree with "Apes", that was awful, but the failure of that flick was not just on Burton. He basically had no control over the project and had many, many fights with 20th century fox.

Willy Wonka was alright, but I agree it had nothing on the Gene Wilder version.

But he has many more great films than just NBC and Big Fish.

Now he has Sweeney Todd, Beetleguice, Corpse Bride, BATMAN, Ed Wood, Edward Sissorhands...etc

And what's wrong with him casting Depp, and Bonham Carter so many times. They are really good actors. You have expressed your like of Kevin Smiths movies in the Clerks thread. Kevin Smith repeatetly casts the same people over and over again, and that's really cool as well. I like Smiths films, I like Burtons films. The people he casts, and dosen't cast should make no diffrence in a movie.

I forgot Ed Wood, I do like that one. And Pee-Wee! Pee-Wee dancing on the bar in those shoes is going to forever be a drunken reinactment moment with my friends. The rest not so much. Especially when I watch Batman now.....I think it's really terrible to be honest. And yeah, I know it's somewhat hypocritical on my part about Kevin Smith's films, but in a way they all feel like sequels to me. Especially by having Jay & Silent Bob play the same characters in every movie. I was getting sick of Affleck though! laugh.gif

I feel like Burton just automatically uses Johnny just because he's comfortable with him...like I just read Depp might play Alice in Burton's remake of Alice in Wonderland. Oh come on now, it's too much. I love Johnny Depp, almost in a questionable way, but Burton just doesn't do much for me. I will watch Sweeney Todd with an open mind when it comes to DVD though. I hope I like it.