A little Rush Muzak?

nettiesaur

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 1 2008, 09:58 PM)
wtf.gif Tonight I walked into Walgreens and nearly fell over. "Secret Touch" was playing on the Muzak system!
Has anybody else heard any Rush songs on the Muzak system?

That kinda scares me....

Even more obscure: I used to work in a building that had 24x7 muzak. One day, I was thinking to myself, "I know this song," but I couldn't place it. Then I realized....it was San Tropez by Pink Floyd. First, what an interesting band to convert to muzak; second, what an obscure song to convert.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 2 2008, 12:57 AM)
wtf.gif Tonight I walked into Walgreens and nearly fell over. "Secret Touch" was playing on the Muzak system!

That kinda scares me....

Me too...

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 2 2008, 07:14 AM)
what is Muzak?

Its the crappy plink-plink music thats played in department stores, often famous music, but turned into shite by someone playing an organ or words to that effect laugh.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 2 2008, 05:41 AM)
what is Muzak?

Its the crappy plink-plink music thats played in department stores, often famous music, but turned into shite by someone playing an organ or words to that effect laugh.gif

Oh.....that kinda Elevator music carp....?

wtf.gif Tonight I walked into Walgreen's and nearly fell over. "Secret Touch" was playing on the Muzak system!

Maybe it's a Walgreen's thing, becaue I heard Tom Sawyer (the real one, not re-done w/orchestra) in my local Walgreen's a couple months ago. Perhaps they just have a really cool person in charge of figuring out what music to play in their cheesy stores!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 2 2008, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 2 2008, 05:41 AM)
what is Muzak?

Oh.....that kinda Elevator music carp....?

Yeah, exactly.

QUOTE (Kismet @ Feb 2 2008, 03:21 PM)
wtf.gif Tonight I walked into Walgreen's and nearly fell over. "Secret Touch" was playing on the Muzak system!

Maybe it's a Walgreen's thing, becaue I heard Tom Sawyer (the real one, not re-done w/orchestra) in my local Walgreen's a couple months ago. Perhaps they just have a really cool person in charge of figuring out what music to play in their cheesy stores!

laugh.gif

I'll have to listen the next time I'm in there!

Archived